Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Wall Street knows what PalmOne tells them. PalmOne hasn't yet told them anything (much) about quality control (Full Disclosure laws rear their ugly heads). According to the latest quarterly report PLMO "periodically" updates their estimates for returns, et al. Whenever that periodic update occurs (and we literally have no idea how often that is (once a decade? Giggle...)) then the cost of the returns will show up on one of the line items of the financial results (I forget which one). The actual return rate will be kept secret, of course.

W.r.t. not having any evidence however - you're nuts. We couldn't have ANY BETTER evidence than the reports on this set of message boards without actually being inside PalmOne.

There are limits to crazy fanaticism that even a Bagholder should observe...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    There are limits to crazy fanaticism that even a Bagholder should observe...
    You've yet to show that I, or any of your other critics on this forum, fanatically defended PalmOne having a sterling, much less, perfect quality control record. It is you, my well-mannered fellow, who have declared "Handspring/Palm Terrible Quality Control." Check your Websters - fanaticism is an "excessive intolerance of opposing views." Resorting to asterisks, or "Bagholder" labels only reinforces your intolerance.

By the way, nice try on this last response, but still no cigar on the issue of oversight of PalmOne's results by financial analysts.
    This is not a thread that I started - did you miss that?

(BTW - I use real words - TreoCentral itself replaces them with "astericks"...)
    also, just because the "only 1 so far" was the one with the largest number of responses IN NO WAY is ammunition against my (and the competent statistical community's) assertion that people with ambivalent opinions stay away from surveys. OF COURSE SOME respond...I just said that group generally doesn't. Tell me this: what is the ratio of VIEWS to RESPONSES (of course some do view twice or more, but that's just one facet)? Also factor in that many people likely didn't even click to look at your thread. If someone doesn't even take your survey due to disinterest (ie they are probably on their first unit and fairly happy), does their opinion automatically not even apply to the pertinent issue??
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    This is not a thread that I started - did you miss that?

(BTW - I use real words - TreoCentral itself replaces them with "astericks"...)
    You are the one that keeps calling for a return to the thread topic, whether you started it or not. Thank goodness TreoCentral has the good sense to clean up your language as well (by the way, those are "asterisks"). I guess I should take back the "well mannered" comment.

Still no response to the real issue - you have no valid evidence to support the broadside that Handspring/Palm's quality control is terrible, any more than I could claim they are flawless,
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234