1.    #1  
    To be available March 1, 2004 by a lessor known reseller.

I've never heard of the site before, but these guys at "BargainPDA.com" have gone on the record stating that they will be selling the Treo 610. However, no pricing info is available yet.

http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...ay=priceDetail

I dunno. Maybe they are just stoking the rumor, but it's the first time i've seen it advertised anywhere.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Just speculation
    This is the ad that started the entire rumor across the entire internet. Did you take a close look at the picure. It is of the GSM Treo 600, and it is a standard ad image that is all over the net on top of it.

http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...=productDetail

Notice how they just say "Resolution: better than 160x160 pixels" If it was a REAL ad they would have the REAL screen resolution. There are other flaws, but I am not going to sit ans waist my time nit picking their web add. You cannot believe everything you see on a webpage. I have also found that BarginPda.Com is not the most reliable source for ANY information, even for existing PDA's.

Now if you find a preorder on Amazon.Com... Then I'll take a closer look.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Upon second look, it doesn't apear that THEY will be selling them. It looks like they have one of those "find the best price" sections, where they search other resellers.

I'm not sure if this really consitutes an advertisment, but it is the closest thing i've seen yet to a confirmation that they thing will even exist.

Is this "bargainpda" site generally reliable?
  5.    #5  
    "I have also found that BarginPda.Com is not the most reliable source for ANY information, even for existing PDA's."

I guess that answers that question.
    So, now we all really know that there will be NO TREO 610. Just because of the text of the advert:

==============================================
    The Treo 610 is an update to the successful Treo 600 Phone from HandSpring. The 610 will include BlueTooth, Hi-Res Screen and greater amount of memory than the Treo 600.
    ==============================================

One example: why just not mention the size of the memory?

And reading the full specs makes us all realize we are dealing with an *****. Resolution: better than 160*160. The faker doesn't even know the resolution of a highres.

Probably we are dealing with a salesman from the microsoft smartphones division, who knows he will be fired before easter.

Cheers Osama, not even a nice try.
    I would like to submit a review for the Palm Treo 610!

This product is marvelous, it even has a microwave inside. The idea of the 610 is probably from the smartphones sales department of microsoft, which are loosing the battle with Palm (the treo600) again, and try to make happy users of the treo600 unsatisfied by the lack of bluetooth (which causes severe problems worldwide as it has been rolled out too soon), the 160*160 BRIGHT screen which is even enough for playing the microsoft games and last but not least the size of the memory, in which you can install more appreciated software than in ANY Pocket PC ****ware.
    S*H*I*T*WARE
    Tavis, today was the first time I took a gander at your webpage. Very very nice.
    Last edited by scandalex; 02/24/2004 at 01:39 PM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  10.    #10  
    Hmmm,

I can't shake the feeling that there is some skepticism about the Treo 610.

But it's really hard to tell.

Quit being ambiguous. Come on guys, tell us how you really feel about the arrival of the Treo 610. Don't hold back anymore.
    Originally posted by scandalex
    Tavis, today was the first time I took a gander at your webpage. Very very nice.
    Thank you. I try to make my webpages easy to see, navagate, and add a little fun here and there.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Can you say VAPOR!
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

Thank you. I try to make my webpages easy to see, navagate, and add a little fun here and there.
    Ditto, you have been busy !