Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. BGS
    BGS is offline
    BGS's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
       #1  
    Treo 600 is Chirpping????
    Either I have a new feature or a problem.....
    Whenever I push a button to go to a new program or application,
    my 600 makes a chirpping sound while it is thinking...
    Anyone else out there as lucky as I am ????

    Otherwise this is a great piece of technology wrapped up into such a small handheld.

    Help pls...
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by BGS
    Treo 600 is Chirpping????
    Either I have a new feature or a problem.....
    Whenever I push a button to go to a new program or application,
    my 600 makes a chirpping sound while it is thinking...
    Anyone else out there as lucky as I am ????

    Otherwise this is a great piece of technology wrapped up into such a small handheld.

    Help pls...
    Start the Prefs application, select 'General' in the drop down at the top, and change the 'System Sound:' setting to 'Off'.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3. BGS
    BGS is offline
    BGS's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
       #3  
    Thanx Geoff,

    I have tryed your suggestion, but it just covers up on the sound but not a fix to the problem.
    It shuts down alerts that now cannot be heard for e-mail arrival etc.

    Any other ideas why this is happening???

    Or other Fixes...

    Bruce
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
  4. #4  
    The Treo 300's do that also unless you disable system sounds or have the phone on vibrate.

    My .02
    Chris
  5. #5  
    I don't think it's a problem or feature. I get it occasionally.

    Do a soft reset. It will go away.

    It will do that every now and then.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  6. #6  
    I dont get the chirping sound, but I do get a lot of beeping noises when it is placed in a pocket. Sounds like something is being pressed against the buttons. This only happens when it's in a pocket and I dont know what to do to make it stop. It usually stops on its own....and believe me, it's hell in the ears of the person I am on the line with at the time.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by scandalex
    I dont get the chirping sound, but I do get a lot of beeping noises when it is placed in a pocket. Sounds like something is being pressed against the buttons. This only happens when it's in a pocket and I dont know what to do to make it stop. It usually stops on its own....and believe me, it's hell in the ears of the person I am on the line with at the time.
    PhoneGuard can solve this for you. If you configure PhoneGuard to turn off the screen during your calls, the keyboard gets disabled, preventing the keys from beeping during calls.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by geakware


    PhoneGuard can solve this for you. If you configure PhoneGuard to turn off the screen during your calls, the keyboard gets disabled, preventing the keys from beeping during calls.

    Geoff
    I do have PhoneGuard...have had it for a while and everything that is supposed to be enabled....is.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9. #9  
    YES I HAVE THIS PROBLEM! thought i was the only one. just noticed it recently. it's like my treo will beeb 4 times very quickly, then change apps.

    a soft reset fixes this, but the problem comes back within a couple days.

    I can't figure out why my treo does this.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by scandalex


    I do have PhoneGuard...have had it for a while and everything that is supposed to be enabled....is.
    Interesting. Any idea which of the buttons is getting pressed? Maybe I'll experiment to see if I can get my Treo to do the same.
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by scandalex


    I do have PhoneGuard...have had it for a while and everything that is supposed to be enabled....is.
    I did a little testing on my phone. The only way I could get my Treo to make beeping noises was to press one of the number keys on the keyboard before PhoneGuard turned the screen off. Also, PhoneGuard won't turn off the screen if it thinks you're doing something (like typing on the keyboard), which could explain why this happens even with PhoneGuard installed.

    Can you verify that the sound made by pressing one of the number keys is the beeping you describe? If so, I'll look into adding a new feature to PhoneGuard that leaves the keyboard disabled while you're on a call. Alternatively, I could add a feature that always turns off the screen at the preset time, regardless of user activity.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  12. #12  
    Geek, I would agree with you that possibly a button could be pressed. The only time I may have a phone in my pocket is when I am washing the dishes. I have had the beeping going on while the phone was laying on my desk or a table.

    I have noticed that this occurs whenever my mic is plugged in and laying in the bottom of my sweats pocket. There is nothing in that pocket except the phone.

    I cant explain why it may do it when it is sitting stationary on my desk; yet even there the mic is still plugged in. I do know that no matter where the phone may be, it will only do this, from time to time, when I'm on a call.
    ~ ScandaLous ~

Posting Permissions