Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How do I get it too my phone if I have a MAC?
    Hold on..it is NOT FREE. You have to sign on for their Music Store. A previous version which is free does not work on 600. Too good to be true.
    My vote is for Real Player. I particularly like the integration with the Real desktop so that you can browse your Treos card. The player is simple and works perfectly. Now all I need is a 512mb card.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    i do not feel like giving out my cc to music store and download it from realone, even thought i will not purchase any music from their Music Store. too risky for putting my cc in their store thou.
    btw, check out post #14, downloaded the apps and installed. it works. not sure if this version of real player can play video or not.

anyone knows which apps would play real player video files?
    I don't know if your just cheap, or you've been smoking something.

RealPlayer for Windows is a slow adware, spyware player, with cumbersome transfers, bogs down Pentium I, II, at 500 MHz, wouldn't even put it on my P4 VAIO if they payed me. It gets worse with evey upgrade.

PocketTunes 3.0 blows away that 700k of wasted space known as Real Player for Palm.
    I used RealPlayer for Windows back in the days before it became adware. It was a good product then, but now - it is no longer used - too intrusive. Ben

=======================

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I don't know if your just cheap, or you've been smoking something.

RealPlayer for Windows is a slow adware, spyware player, with cumbersome transfers, bogs down Pentium I, II, at 500 MHz, wouldn't even put it on my P4 VAIO if they payed me. It gets worse with evey upgrade.

PocketTunes 3.0 blows away that 700k of wasted space known as Real Player for Palm.
    Besides the adware, the Palm player does only a fraction of what Pocket Tunes can do. There isn't even a directory structure in the player in which to change file locations, most operations are done through the Windows interface they messed up the program nearly 3 years ago.
    Meh I wouldn't touch the Palm version of any Real Audio product simply because their PC product is such a PITA piece of spyware.
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan
    Meh I wouldn't touch the Palm version of any Real Audio product simply because their PC product is such a PITA piece of spyware.
    Like Ben said, once upon a time it was a decent player.

Now it is ad, and spyware rich.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Integration with desktop version is not a strength since I will never install Real on my desktop or laptop. I despise Real. I won't install even they pay me.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Personally while I hate Real Player for Windows, I like RP for the Palm. I use both pTunes & RP on my Treo. pTunes for streaming & RP for playing mp3s. Why bother with RP when pTunes can do it all? To me the RP screen is much more pleasing to the eyes & easy to use. I have yet to see a skin for pTunes that looks as nice.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Speaking of Windows media players, I can't stand either Real player of Windows Media Player. Winanp gets my vote. It rocks.

On the Palm, Pocket Tunes is the only way to go.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If you upgrade to PocketTunes 3.0 and have Windows Mediaplayer v9.0 onyour desktop, you get desktop integration when your Treo600 is in the hotsync cradle.
    Pocket Tunes 3.0 Deluxe has integration with Windows Media Player for transferring both MP3 Files and WMA files
    Features be features, but I still like Real Player on palm better because I believe the sound quality is superior. Anything else is secondary to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj
    Features be features, but I still like Real Player on palm better because I believe the sound quality is superior. Anything else is secondary to me.
    Spectrum Analyzer show a marginal difference, of course I don't have to listen to a flat preset sound since Pocket Tunes has an EQ.

RealPlayer, has a volume control.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12