1.    #1  
    Woohoo! I just got my new T600 in Toronto. I bought it off eBay.. it's an unlocked Cingular GSM model. I got tired of waiting for %#$%#$% Rogers to decide whether to carry the phone or not.

Pulled the SIM card out of my old T180 and stuck it into the new phone... and it works like a charm, better even It seems to connect to GPRS much faster than the 180.

Now I have a classic T180 paperwight. The battery is so depleted it was hard to have even a single conversation... and the connector had gotten loose recently, so I had to hold it a certain angle to sync & recharge.
    Nice.

Get a lot of turning heads in the Subway with mine in Toronto. using it with FIDO. Still haved my 270. Its in excellent condition but seems so primitive now hehe.

Originally posted by Trumpeter42
    Woohoo! I just got my new T600 in Toronto. I bought it off eBay.. it's an unlocked Cingular GSM model. I got tired of waiting for %#$%#$% Rogers to decide whether to carry the phone or not.

Pulled the SIM card out of my old T180 and stuck it into the new phone... and it works like a charm, better even It seems to connect to GPRS much faster than the 180.

Now I have a classic T180 paperwight. The battery is so depleted it was hard to have even a single conversation... and the connector had gotten loose recently, so I had to hold it a certain angle to sync & recharge.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  3.    #3  
    You get a signal in the subway? Damn, I hate Rogers! Unfortunately, until the rules change, I can't switch carriers without losing a phone number I've had for 10 years or so.
    Nah I can only use the wireless part on the surface routes like the Scarborough RT and sections of the Bloor line above ground. I am talking when I am actaully using the PDA functions though...

You get a signal in the subway? Damn, I hate Rogers! Unfortunately, until the rules change, I can't switch carriers without losing a phone number I've had for 10 years or so.
  5.    #5  
    Still, I'm often in areas standing next to someone babbling away on a cell.... while all I'm getting from Rogers is 'no service'
    Damn, I want one but don't really want to switch to Rogers. I'm on CDMA with Telus and happy with the service so far. Several friends of mine with Rogers complain about the service, missed calls, bad signal strength, etc. However, the draw of the Treo600 is strong. I'm waiting a bit more to see if a Canadian carrier actually offers the phone and/or if this Treo 610 rumor is true or not.

Mike
    i have the treo 600 since end of november.. and i love it.. had the 180.. and reception and battery life is a lot better......

well if it makes you guys feel better.. palm canada is holding a meeting of wether to bring it here to canada.. in the new few weeks... cause my palm rep is schedule to go to the meeting..

so i guess we shall see whats happening..
    hi everyone,

just wanted to say that I have been talking with Rogers folks (I am having a lot of issues with the Get Mail function in the visto/desktopconnect app)

The guy told me that he has a 600 in the lab and it is being release next month in Canada.
    And they claim to have the mosr extensive coverage in Canada -- bAH. Perhaps they should put towers closer together and not keep them far apart to have wider coverage.

Still, I'm often in areas standing next to someone babbling away on a cell.... while all I'm getting from Rogers is 'no service'
    I'm glad to see someone has the 600 on Fido. I've ordered one through T-Mobile and they expect to ship in the next few weeks. Using my 180 on Fido gives me some stranges noises once in a while and people tell me it sounds like I'm far away. I just bought the 180 when I switched to Fido while waiting for the 600. How is the sound with you 600 on Fido?
    legree,

In response to the sound question, it is terrible on the speaker phone. I have had my Treo600 for several weeks now (Rogers) and have had nothing but complaints from those that I call about the terrible echo. Palm is aware of it. I spoke to a Palm rep who happened to be at the Rogers store one Saturday and was told that an upgrade was being tested and would be released soon to fix the problem. I'll believe it when I see it! With the high cost of data plans and the problems with the phone, I'm almost at the point of giving it back and going back to a regular phone until all of the bugs are worked out or a newer model comes out.
    legree,

In response to the sound question, it is terrible on the speaker phone. I have had my unlocked Treo600 for several weeks now (Rogers & Fido) and have had nothing but complaints from those that I call about the terrible echo. Palm is aware of it. I spoke to a Palm rep who happened to be at the Rogers store one Saturday and was told that an upgrade was being tested and would be released soon to fix the problem. I'll believe it when I see it! With the high cost of data plans and the problems with the phone, I'm almost at the point of giving it back and going back to a regular phone until all of the bugs are worked out or a newer model comes out. Fido & Rogers both produced the same sound quality although in the Toronto area I seemed to have better reception and a stronger signal with Fido.