1.    #1  
    treo 600 unlocking.
    I ve tryed to unlock my treo 600 and as a sesult it now will not disengadge the phone when call is cancelled. can any body tell me why it does this and any advice on how to delock this device properly. please help. do i need to re unlock the phone or do i have to ajust my settings on my phone. you know you realy want to help be safe to all MAX
    max
    Did you first install the official 2.09 before installing the patched version? Also, what happens when you make a call without hotsynching your backup after the installation of the patch? There may be a conflict with an application that you've installed.

You can install both the official and patched versions as many times as you want, it won't damage you Treo.
  3.    #3  
    I did not see the othere download. are they on the same site. and do you have any hints and tips. as you can tell i am a beginer at this and could do with all the help i can. all i learn about the treo 600 unlocking and down loads will be placed on my link so otheres may find it easyer to do. could you please teel me both web-sites and down loads i need to compleat this successfuly. be safe gmull
    max
    Originally posted by gmullen
    I did not see the othere download. are they on the same site. and do you have any hints and tips. as you can tell i am a beginer at this and could do with all the help i can. all i learn about the treo 600 unlocking and down loads will be placed on my link so otheres may find it easyer to do. could you please teel me both web-sites and down loads i need to compleat this successfuly. be safe gmull
    Search a little on this site (for example by searching for all my posts), or simply browse through the threads in the Treo 600 hardware. There's a thread like this one almost every 2 or 3 days and it can't be hard to find the link to the software & instructions.

You have to work a little yourself to get a free unlock method, dude.
    http://www.techwarelabs.com/communi...pic.php?p=38607
    Back up handheld to PC
    Hard reset
    Open the zip file and transfer the 40 files either to your SD card (or if no card reader, do the slow method of transfer by hotsync)
    Ensure handset is connected to mains power.
    Run the file called 'Firmware' (this may be abreviated to 'Firmw...')
    This will ask if you are sure you want to run the upgrade... accept.
    DO not touch anything until it has completed and hard reset. This will take up to 10 minutes.
    Job done.
    Now restore your files from PC to Handheld by altering the Hotsync set up to 'system' Desktop overwrites Handheld'

I am all for an easy, lazy life... you still have to find the Firmware Upgrade 2.09, but search for 'Siam 921' and you will be sorted. Hope your site gets pots of hits mate!
    take care yourself.

EDIT - sorry, that link is no longer working... you will have to search the threads for another link..
    Last edited by scudder; 02/24/2004 at 09:45 AM.
  6.    #6  
    sorry for this people i am a newbe with very little exsperiance. my noledge is small on this matter and could do with a few hints on wear to search for these. It would be a great help if you could.
    good info so far from use. be safe gmull
    max
    sorry for this people i am a newbe with very little exsperiance. my noledge is small on this matter and could do with a few hints on wear to search for these. It would be a great help if you could.
    good info so far from use. be safe gmull
    Hi Max,

Although the unlock was originally discovered/developed by people (especially MOL) on this message board some of the references have been removed to avoid trouble with Palm/Handspring... However, the full details and file can be found at this location:
    http://www.techwarelabs.com/communit...ic.php?p=38607

Good luck! I did the upgrade and it worked fine on Orange UK.
  8.    #8  
    what you are telling me deos not work. i ve tryed four times and still no go. plus this unlock has f*** up my call settings. so all you clever people how think you know what you are going on about must be full off it....
    not one of you can tell me how to sort this with out trying to turn this into some sort of puzzel.
    when i do the hotsynce it tells me error on (app 8007) firmware up-date not loading. It also tells me that when the hot synce has finished that errors have accured. does anyone no how to do this properly if so could you send blunder proof instrutions as i am getting that fed up. treo could lose a custamer.. thank you. be safe Gmull
    max
  9. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    what you are telling me deos not work. i ve tryed four times and still no go. plus this unlock has f*** up my call settings. so all you clever people how think you know what you are going on about must be full off it....
    Oh yeah. This will have them stumbling all over themselves to help you now.
  10.    #10  
    As you can tell i've tryed to do this several times and its getting to me abit. doesd anyone know were i can find the 2.09 so i could sort this. going insane trying to sort this out. anyone with a sence of humour welcome.... ha ha
    sometimes you need someone to tell you things. be safe Gmull
    max
    As you can tell i've tryed to do this several times and its getting to me abit. doesd anyone know were i can find the 2.09 so i could sort this. going insane trying to sort this out. anyone with a sence of humour welcome.... ha ha
    sometimes you need someone to tell you things. be safe Gmull
    Try changing the light bulb.

Or the lightbulb, can't remember really.

Happy birthday to you, too.
    Dude,
    Go here to get firmware 2.09:

http://forums.attwireless.com/attws/...message.id=612

Go here to get a version of the patch that works, and follow the instructions below it to both update your firmware and install the patch, but obiously you don't need to restore your data until you have unlocked your Treo:

http://www.vanderleur.net/patched.zip

1. Backup your Treo (I prefer backing it up to an SD
    card because I find I get a more complete restore.)

2. Unzip patch file and load ALL the files to your SD
    card.

3. Hard reset you Treo.

4. Plug in your Treo or make sure it's well charged
    up.

5. Run Firmware... from SD card.

6. Agree to all the pop up screens and let it run. It
    will take 10 minutes or so to complete.

7. Restore your data.

If this doesn't work, I suggest you follow Mol's idea of running your Treo without restoring your data to see if you have a clash of some sort on your Treo.

I did a search in Google for "treo firmware 2.09" by the way and found it in under a minute or so.

I also got the Patch link from a Treocentral post where "Ulocking" was spelled wrong. I sent it through to someone else and so still had the link + instructions on my computer. I think because these things are not hard to find yourself, people get a bit crabby when someone obviously has not looked at all themselves!

But here it is, all handed to you on a silver platter.

Good luck!