1.    #1  
    Has anyone else set the Backup conduit to "Do Nothing"?

1) I'm using BackupMan, setting it to run a backup every night, and since I don't Hotsync every day, the SD card has the most current info.

2) HotSync doesn't backup all files - BackupMan does.

3) Restore from SD card is MUCH faster than HotSync restore.

So why waste time using the backup conduit?

Michael
    If you lose your phone, or it's stolen, your backup, in your SD card, will be gone too.

You might want to consider backing up your SD card to your computer every week.

Bill S
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by tvBilly

You might want to consider backing up your SD card to your computer every week.

Yes...I forgot to mention it, but I do periodically backup the card to the computer. I had a situation not too long ago where my Treo got into a looping-reset, and when I hard reset & restored the Treo still 'looped'. At the time, I was only keeping two scheduled backups on the card and both were corrupted. I had to retrieve a backup set from the computer for it to get back to normal.

Michael
    How do you backup the SD card to the computer? I'm using Backupman too.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    How do you backup the SD card to the computer? I'm using Backupman too.
    I use a small card reader that plugs into the USB port. (You can get one for about $10.)

The SD card then shows up as a hard disk. I make a folder called somthing like 'SD Backup 2004-02-24' and drag & drop all the files from the card to this new folder.

If you plan to travel, you can put a blank SD card in the reader and drag & drop the files from the backup folder to the blank SD card - This way you will have a backup in case the card breaks 7 you're away from the computer.

Michael
    Thanks Michael,

I just happen to have a card reader.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre