Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mine is shipped too
    ordered on 2/10/04, shipped on 02/25/04
    look forward to it....
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Originally posted by RoTTyLr
    Orem, UT to be exact. Also ordered 2/10/04 chose express and got it 2/24/03.

Palm1 box but handspring labeled phone.
    hope these aren't refurbished

I wouldn't put it past them.
    Mines is getting shipped over to me from USA and ive been told its also a Handspring labeled with PalmOne box

I shure hope its just the logo that differs cause i dont want a phone with a older hardware revision.

Originally posted by hyperenough
    my generic gsm treo is PalmOne-branded, both in the box/packaging, and on the unit itself.
    Could you please post what hardware revision and firmware your PalmOne branded phone got so that we could compare with the Handspring branded generic ones?

/Andreas
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/25/2004 at 09:00 PM.
    Originally posted by Andreas

Could you please post what hardware revision and firmware your PalmOne branded phone got so that we could compare with the Handspring branded generic ones?

/Andreas
    Firmware: 02.05
    Software: Treo600-1.08-INT
    Hardware: B

The box itself proclaims that it's a "TREO 600, GSM, QUADBAND, EFIGS"

What I find interesting are the "INT" and "EFIGS" designation -- it seems to me that they've given me a European Treo 600 (or are they all like that?)

Not that I'm complaining, so far it works just fine here in the states.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    lucky you gmall33

I also ordered on the 13th and since yesterday i've had the status "awaiting shipment"

and still nothing!!!!

Frankly I'm getting desperate!!!

Oh well keep on refreshing my status until i see good news!!!
  5.    #65  

Firmware: 02.05
    Software: Treo600-1.08-INT
    Hardware: B

The box itself proclaims that it's a "TREO 600, GSM, QUADBAND, EFIGS"

What I find interesting are the "INT" and "EFIGS" designation -- it seems to me that they've given me a European Treo 600 (or are they all like that?)

Not that I'm complaining, so far it works just fine here in the states.
    Got mine today, one day early of the estimated arriving date.
    I got the same phone as hyperenough, i.e. same FW, HW, SW.
    I originally ordered the T-Mobile version. But, except for T-Mobile being pre-configured in "Networks" for T-Mobile Internet, T-Mobile VPM, and T-Mobile T-Zones, I cannot see anything else pointing to a special T-Mobile version. Logo is Handspring. Oh, yea, my son's AT&T SIM card works just fine in the T600 so it IS unlocked.

Curly
    (singsong) Mine got shipped...mine got shipped. With a tracking number...with a tracking number.
    I forgot to mention that my Treo is branded "palmOne" ... I just checked my phone info and it is consistent with the other postings in this thread. One thing that is curious is that my phone does not show a firmware version.

I have already noticed one thing that may become a bigger issue--my screen flickers (as if there is a loose solder or connection). this is especially noticeable in a darkened environment. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Got mine one day early too! Same specs as CurlyKraut and Hyperenough. I ordered the T-Mobile version. Just tried my wife's AT&T SIM. Works just fine. I was getting AWS GPRS in the Prefs Network. Also for select network It sees T-Mobile, AT&T Wireless and Cingular. With the T-Mobile SIM I only see T-Mobile and Cingular. It's looks too good. My wife wants one!

Handspring Logo with Palm OS 5.2.1.
    Assembled in Mexico.
    Better signal reception than my 180.
    Poor indoor image out of the camera. I'm getting tiny blue spots all over the screen. I will check how it does outdoors.
    Last edited by treobum; 02/25/2004 at 11:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    What's going on? Why are people getting the 'old' branded model?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Checked handspring website and they updated there shipping dates, It says any orders up to feb 13 would be shipped in the week of 23... but my still hasn't shipped and its been at "awaiting shipment" status for the past 3 days. I've called customer support to inquire about my ordered and they are so useless.. they basically read to you what you can see on there website..

WERES MY TREO!!!!

One intersting tidbit: in the "Network" prefs panel, with the AT&T sim, it came preconfigured with a "ATT GPRS" setting, but when I tapped the "Modify" button next to the "Locked" network icon, it switched to "Unlocked", and it enabled me to enter in any custom alternate network configuration (change APNs, etc). However, with the T-Mobile sim in, going to the "Network" prefs panel just gives you 3 choices: "TZones", "TMobile Internet", and "TMobile VPN". When I tap the "Modify" button, I get a dialog saying "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited". That's pretty silly.

With the T-Mo SIM it can be 'edited' by re-creating it:

Prefs\Network\Menu Key\Service\New

Then call the service anything you want and enter the appropriate parameters.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234