Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    YES MINE SHIPPED!! I'll get it friday when I return from LA. Ordered mine 2/11, it shipped today!! Yes!!

Waxhawam (just alittle excited..)
    ordered mine on the 12th and just got confirmation that it's shipped. Standard Fedex says I should have it on the 27th WOOOOOHOOO. It's the unbranded version btw
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Ordered mine the 21st.. I think it will be a while until it ships .

Looks like at least 2 weeks from the order date..
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I ordered my on the 13th and its still in "awaiting Shipment" since yesterday... so I'm hoping they will ship out mine today!
    Got em!
    FYI - I bought both types the tmo upgrade and the generic upgrade and as I figured, NO DIFFERENCE!

Exact same phone, same part number, same, same everything. No branding, no software, nothing different.

For so many who agonized over which one to purchase, it appears to be marketing BS.

FWIW
    what is going on here

ordered mine (upgrade: no carrier) on 2/9, status awaiting shipment since yesterday
    after i read all your posts that you received yours already called handspring today why mine isnt shipping yet
    the salesperson said he doesnt know of any shipments and they expect to be shipping beginning of march

?????
    I was wondering the same thing TTinvest.
    This is part of a message I often post on the Yahoo financial boards but it is HIGHLY relevant anywhere:

------

Words to remember:

== "...Information posted to message boards should
    == not be used as a substitute for independent
    == research...Prudent investors do their homework
    == and don't believe everything they read...Never
    == assume people are who they say they are, know
    == what they say they know, or are affiliated
    == with whom they say they are affiliated..."

-- http://messages.yahoo.com/reminder.html

In another thread on the GSM board I noted that Handspring hasn't updated their website to reflect that the T-Mobile TREO 600 is not only already shipping, but has been received.

The "best" response to that so far has simply to call me a loser.

Giggle.
    Really? Is that what the response in the thread was? I didn't see the word 'loser' in there.

My unbranded Treo 600 just arrived 20 minutes ago, to add my voice to the choir of those that have received their order.

I'll ask you to apply Occam's Razor yet again to this situation (as I did in the other thread you refer to): which is more likely, that there are 10-20 Handspring/PalmOne "shills" falsely claiming to have received t-mo/unbranded phones? or that there are 10-20 actual customers who actually DID receive phones?

Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    This is part of a message I often post on the Yahoo financial boards but it is HIGHLY relevant anywhere:

------

Words to remember:

== "...Information posted to message boards should
    == not be used as a substitute for independent
    == research...Prudent investors do their homework
    == and don't believe everything they read...Never
    == assume people are who they say they are, know
    == what they say they know, or are affiliated
    == with whom they say they are affiliated..."

-- http://messages.yahoo.com/reminder.html

In another thread on the GSM board I noted that Handspring hasn't updated their website to reflect that the T-Mobile TREO 600 is not only already shipping, but has been received.

The "best" response to that so far has simply to call me a loser.

Giggle.
    Ordered one on 2/10, got it today, 2/25; I tracked the order. The origin was some place in Utah. The box is PalmOne, but the phone is all Handspring.
    Yea, mine shipped from Salt Lake City too.

I find it hard to believe that there's absolutely no difference between the "T-mobile" branded T600 and the unbranded version. Are you sure they didn't send you two unbranded version? On the boxes are the product names the same? (Like maybe a sticker that also lists the serial number)
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Orem, UT to be exact. Also ordered 2/10/04 chose express and got it 2/24/03.

Palm1 box but handspring labeled phone.
    hope these aren't refurbished

I wouldn't put it past them.
    Talked to CS in regarding my order 2 days ago and was told I'll receive the unbranded one, there are no TMO specific ones and all are unlocked and can be used with any carrier -- and I did not ask her about phone lock/unlock.
    I think only people who pay the express shipping are getting theirs, mine placed on 10th and still awaiting shipment.
    Ordered mine 2/11/04 at 9:10 pm, and it finally shipped this morning. Won't get here till Friday, coming from UT like everybody elses.

Now I'm wondering, why did I agree to the super saver free shipping? Was saving $20 really worth it? Not so much....since my case, SD card, screen protectors, etc. are all here and oh so lonely.

Of course, its going to be one great TGIF!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I think we were misinformed.

I just got my 600 today, and it is locked to the T-mobile data network.
    Ordered on the Tuesday that they started taking orders. Arrived today, Handpring logo (not PalmOne). Hardware revision B, Firmware 1.08-INT

I ordered an unlocked GSM. Going to go to a T-Mobile store tomorrow and port my existing Sprint number over to it, so it'll be a couple of days before its up and working.
    That's a shame, I'm glad I stuck to the unbranded model. Tried it today with both a T-Mobile and an AT&T Wireless SIM, and was able to place/receive calls with both.

One intersting tidbit: in the "Network" prefs panel, with the AT&T sim, it came preconfigured with a "ATT GPRS" setting, but when I tapped the "Modify" button next to the "Locked" network icon, it switched to "Unlocked", and it enabled me to enter in any custom alternate network configuration (change APNs, etc). However, with the T-Mobile sim in, going to the "Network" prefs panel just gives you 3 choices: "TZones", "TMobile Internet", and "TMobile VPN". When I tap the "Modify" button, I get a dialog saying "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited". That's pretty silly.

Originally posted by gfunk808
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I think we were misinformed.

I just got my 600 today, and it is locked to the T-mobile data network.
    I didn't pay extra for express shipping, though I did order on the night of the 9th. It was sent "FedEx Saver", which I guess is a 3-day guarantee instead of overnight. I got it in 2 days.

Originally posted by charles2859
    Talked to CS in regarding my order 2 days ago and was told I'll receive the unbranded one, there are no TMO specific ones and all are unlocked and can be used with any carrier -- and I did not ask her about phone lock/unlock.
    I think only people who pay the express shipping are getting theirs, mine placed on 10th and still awaiting shipment.
    my generic gsm treo is PalmOne-branded, both in the box/packaging, and on the unit itself.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    my generic gsm treo is PalmOne-branded, both in the box/packaging, and on the unit itself.
    Note, I didn't say it was "branded", just said it was locked to tmobile's data network(s). Mine also has no visible tmobile logos.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast