1.    #1  
    Whats up guys... I'm about to throw down the money for this thing and would like some opinions of some users...

I'm sure almost every feature that's included works without a hitch.. My main concern is the quality of music it generates.. I'm not expecting iPod but I'm kind of hoping for some good sound and easy playability..

Anyone out there use the Treo 600 for music?? Please let me know if this is a viable music device... I don't need something to store over 1000 songs, just maybe 20 -30 at a time...

Could this really be true?? If so, I've never been so psyched in my life.. This thing sounds like the Ultimate Gadget...

Let me know please
    yep, works good. u can even have mp3s be ringtones with lightwav. i'd invest in the stereo headphones for the treo 600.
    Originally posted by Troisi
    Whats up guys... I'm about to throw down the money for this thing and would like some opinions of some users...

I'm sure almost every feature that's included works without a hitch.. My main concern is the quality of music it generates.. I'm not expecting iPod but I'm kind of hoping for some good sound and easy playability..

Anyone out there use the Treo 600 for music?? Please let me know if this is a viable music device... I don't need something to store over 1000 songs, just maybe 20 -30 at a time...

Could this really be true?? If so, I've never been so psyched in my life.. This thing sounds like the Ultimate Gadget...

Let me know please
    The MP3 sound amazed me when I first heard it coming from the "mono" speaker on the phone. When used with stereo headphones, well... I'm either easily impressed or the sound is great.
    pTunes is a great MP3 player, similar to WinAmp. There's other programs you can use as well, but pTunes is a freebie with the Treo.

It's output is good, but only as good as the headphones you connect to the treo and the ripping quality of the files you're playing...

Don't overlook the quality of the SD card as well...
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    While I'm finding myself rapidly outgrowing my 256MB SD card, I like the Treo as an MP3 player-- other than wanting more storage space, my biggest complaint is that I always forget to turn off the audible notifications on the phone, so I'll be at the gym with the tunes cranked, then an alert will go off and deafen me.

If all you care about is tunes and a phone, get an iPod light and the special of the month at your favorite cell store. But if you actually use the PDA and wireless functions, the Treo's the way to go, IMO.
    I just got my T600, still finding my way around. Where is pTunes? I don't seem to have it on my device. Is there a link to download it?

I definitely want to play music on it.
    Originally posted by nudist
    I just got my T600, still finding my way around. Where is pTunes? I don't seem to have it on my device. Is there a link to download it?

I definitely want to play music on it.
    you need to register on the handspring site and they will tell you where to download it from.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I registered and received my "free" software - pTunes.

<*****> Now I see I have to register and PAY for the free software in 10 days</*****>

This really irritates me about palmone. I will do whatever I can to avoid buying anything else from them, after spending hundreds of $ on the Treo, they want to gouge me for some 'free' software.

Someone needs to start a 'serials' board.
    no, the basic version you downloaded is free with registration. It's the delux version that you can pay for and upgrade to if you want.

Edit: BTW, does anyone know how to force all system sounds through the headphones? My headset was missing, so I got a free one from the Sprint store, and when I have it plugged in, all the phone stuff goes through the headset, but the second I'm not using the phone, all the sound is routed back through the speaker. What am I doing wrong?
    I <3 my Treo 600!
    Originally posted by bastimret
    no, the basic version you downloaded is free with registration. It's the delux version that you can pay for and upgrade to if you want.

Edit: BTW, does anyone know how to force all system sounds through the headphones? My headset was missing, so I got a free one from the Sprint store, and when I have it plugged in, all the phone stuff goes through the headset, but the second I'm not using the phone, all the sound is routed back through the speaker. What am I doing wrong?
    You're not doing anything wrong, that's by design. There are about a thousand threads on that issue. You can either have a stereo headset for listening to music/sounds, or a cellular headset with a microphone for making phone calls. There isn't one that does both yet, although there is an adapter availab.e. Look for the thread on PCMobile.
    ok, so if I get the little adapter from handspring and then use a normal pair of stereo earbuds, all the normal system sounds will be routed to the headset? Do they make stereo headphones like we are talking about that don't requre that little plug converter?
    I <3 my Treo 600!
    Originally posted by bastimret
    ok, so if I get the little adapter from handspring and then use a normal pair of stereo earbuds, all the normal system sounds will be routed to the headset? Do they make stereo headphones like we are talking about that don't requre that little plug converter?
    OEM stereo headphones for Treo600 are available online practically everywhere, even here at TreoCentral.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!