1.    #1  
    Hey ya,

I think some dudes may make the next promotion of the handspring gone forever. I look up on ebay and found one merchant trying to sale his serial number for about 2 bucks. Is that sad? Handspring makes the promotions for the REAL treo user but this guy take adventage of it and ... it may makes handspring get mad and cancle the best offer like this later.

So, what do you all think about it?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Well i guess its like life in general, there will always be people who mess things up for others.
    my take has always been that Handspring doesn't care and maybe even prefers people buying directly from them.

I bet they make more money when you buy directly from them vs the amount they get when they sell to the phone carriers.

If they really cared, they would have noticed the large number of serial # entered that didn't match a produced unit and made some adjustments.

that's my opinion....i could be wrong.
    I think you missunderstood Webslappy... People on E-Bay are selling the Serial # from their device so that others can take advantage of the upgrade offer. They are not going to do the upgrade themselves, so they have decided to take advantage of the opprotunity to sell their SN so that someone who does not currently qualify for the upgrade, can "qualify" for the upgrade with a purchased SN.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn
    I think you missunderstood Webslappy... People on E-Bay are selling the Serial # from their device so that others can take advantage of the upgrade offer. They are not going to do the upgrade themselves, so they have decided to take advantage of the opprotunity to sell their SN so that someone who does not currently qualify for the upgrade, can "qualify" for the upgrade with a purchased SN.
    no i understood him but the fact is most of these people aren't selling their own serial #, they are selling a made up serial # number that follows handsprings numbering scheme. It was discussed on this forum in depth and I'm sure Handspring was aware of it but didn't care because they were selling directly vs selling discounted to the phone carriers.
    Sorry, I must have missed the other thread.

I agree with you then, if Handspring really gave a darn, they would reject the fake SN's and that would be that.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre