Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yes - you can make a backslash by doing a slash, hitting the Alt Key, and then choosing it - but that doesn't work when you're running PalmVNC or Mobile TS. I'm using my Treo to remote administer many of my client's servers (at this point, the number keeps growing as I keep toying with it! ). My only issue is that when I want to do anything network related on a Windows Box (including writing scripts and the like) I need to have a "\". Don't see any specific option in PalmVNC to do that, so I was wondering if anyone had some ideas... TIA!
    Don't know if this will help, but...

You can create shortcut (prefs / shortcuts) that defines a backslash key. But the normal way of using a shortcut on the Treo also involves the Alt key...

But it's worth a try.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yeah - Alt key don't work w/ Palm VNC... oh well.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Haven't tried this but how about copying a backslash in to the Treo's clipboard and transfering it to the host computer's clipboard with PalmVNC? Then paste. Might be a pain but at least it should work. I had the same issue with an underscore. Couldn't type a darn email address!

Jason
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    PalmVNC takes the remote's clipboard.. but I don't know if I can send it to the machine.. Worth a shot tho....
    Originally posted by cue79
    PalmVNC takes the remote's clipboard.. but I don't know if I can send it to the machine.. Worth a shot tho....
    It works. I've opened files, etc. on the computer to get characters to copy and use from the VNC session. "Character Map" is a good utility for this, as it can copy any character with a double-click.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Character map is a Palm util? Link please.
    Originally posted by cue79
    Character map is a Palm util? Link please.
    Character Map is a windows utility. After connecting to VNC I would copy and paste using the remote clipboard for characters that I couldn't type.

I actually changed the password on one of my machines so that I could login without the option key.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Well.. in PalmVNC there is an action remap type function thing. I took the ! and made it a \. I figured when I'm logged into a machine remotely, how often do I need to make ! points - even as wildcards.. I suppose I can change it later on if I need to, but for now it works