I have several different staff members with palm m100 using desktop 2.1 to synchronize calendars. Can is synch my treo 600 with the new palm desktop and still support them?
    Are you saying you want desktop 2.1 and 4.1 on the same computer? If so, I doubt that's possible, but I'm definitely not certain.

I'd check with Palm and see if you can upgrade to Desktop 4.1 and still sync with the m100s. I think the answer will be yes.

If that's true, then upgrade the desktop to the PALM version of 4.1.

Do you have a test bed you can try this out on? Or at least the ability to restore the PC that's currently used? If so, this experience may help:

At one time, I had an old version of Desktop (I think) that I was using with a Palm IIIx. My wife got a Palm 515 from work. I installed the new version of Desktop over mine, and was able to sync both palms, using different hotsync names.

Then I bought a Sony Clie to replace my IIIx. Needless to say, it wouldn't sync with the installed Palm desktop. So I installed the Sony version over top of it. Now I could sync my Clie, but not the Palm 515. So I re-installed the Palm version over top of the Sony version. Now I could sync all three devices!

Substitute "Treo" for "Sony" in the above, and I suspect you can get it all to work. But I don't think I'd try it without the ability to restore to where you are now.

Good luck,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I had been using Palm Desktop 2.1 and would now like to sync all my data with my new Treo 600. When I try to install Palm desktop 4.1 it says, not able to configure with Palm Desktop 2.1 I am running win 2000

Thanks,
    Ari