Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Is there a program that can be loaded on the Treo 600 that will allow it to get SMS message delivery confirmation similar to other phones?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    my 600 pops the message up on the screen when i get one, yours doesn't?!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by whajj
    Is there a program that can be loaded on the Treo 600 that will allow it to get SMS message delivery confirmation similar to other phones?
    Do you mean a program that will let you know when the person you sent the SMS to gets that msg? (like a confirmation receipt) That would be great! I'm getting to many miss'd sms msgs, or is that "not getting"... Either way it would be great to know that the person I sent a SMS msg to actually received it.

obsdn
    In a thin section it often exhibits a fluidal structure, marked by the arrangement of microlites in the lines of the flow of the molten mass.
    Varies across networks but convention for SMS would have RCT at start of text body to request receipt. i.e RCT Hello m8 occasionally RCTHello m8, I've just dumped RCT in as Quick Text.

Hope this helps
    Originally posted by Tyrant_worm
    [B]Varies across networks but convention for SMS would have RCT at start of text body to request receipt. i.e RCT Hello m8 occasionally RCTHello m8, I've just dumped RCT in as Quick Text.
    Tried that Sprint <-> Sprint. Doesn't seem to work.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I tried RCT with space and without space after it and it didnt work. I am on Orange France right now. There must be a way to do it, because teh Nokia phone for example does it and it works with ALL networks. ANY other ideas
    I would be willing to pay for an app, that does these confirmations!
    The confirmation or acknowledgement will be quite reliable as long as you send messages within the same network as soon as you send it to another network the SMS-Center of the other network may already positively acknowledge your message as received either it was only received by the SMS-Center and not by the mobile device.
    Roberttreo: In the Netherlands the confirmations are very reliable. Even for SMS from one operator to another.
    I really could use a prog that uses confirmations. I now use my dual card and an old Nokia to send important messages, so I can have the confirmations. Not very handy, and of course I'm a bit ashamed, because of all the things my Treo can do, I still have to walk around with two units!

So please developers: help me!
    BUMP:

Is there no app for this?

I hope the 650 has it standard...
    Isn't that a Provider issue? I mean how could an app on your Treo know that the other party has received the message? Unless you mean that the provider is always sending the info back, but the Treo SMS software doesn't tell you. I had a T68 T610 T637 and Mot V300, none of them had SMS delivery confirmation. (?)
    My friend in England had a Motorola of some sorts and had this functionality on her phone. It would tell her when the SMS was delivered and alert her when it was read. This was regardless of network or type of phone she was sending a message to.

Can we determine whether this is hardware specific (the phone itself), network specific or software, which means we could possibly get this on the 600. Anybody have any ideas?

And just for the record I am with TMobile and SMS worldwide ALL THE TIME. I have NEVER had a problem with anyone recieving to date but it would be nice to know when your message is actually read.
    There must be a universal code for it: all nokia phones (GSM) have this option. It works on all carriers i know... except KPN in the netherlands... I used to be woth KPN, but my company switched to T-mobile. So now I would like to have the confirmations...
    Try putting this at the beginning of the message:

*N#

Put that at the beginning of the message. I put it as part of the signature, like so:

*N#
    <space>
    -Signature

whenever I want to write an SMS I just put the cursor in the in-between space and start writing.

But like I said, there was already a thread discussing this, so you might want to search for it.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    im trying to figure out how to turn off the comfirmation.
    verizon t650
    *noti# works on TMO (requires space after pound sign, then text)
    Sprint's Text-to-Landline sends confirmation with the distinction of the message being received by a person or by an answering machine. Very cool and in seemingly realtime/immediately. But not applicable for regular texting/SMS. The SPCS customer support people were not helpful when I questioned them this afternoon on this topic.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.