Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is a program that allows the treo to maintain its connection to the internet (in this case, connection to Sprints Vision). Im looking for a program that will allow the treo to have "Always On" functionality similar to the Sidekick. I have downloaded and tried Treo Connection Manager and set it to "stay connected" but i still find myself getting the connecting to pcs vision popup when accessing programs like verichat, which I find very annoying.

Thank you in Advance!

MaZe
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    bump
    Try TreoHelper. I don't use verichat, but I almost never get the network logon prompt anymore.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    treohelper doesn't actually auto reconnect you when vision disconnects. I don't know any app that is made to do just that. can someone make that? chatter has this function built in though...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    You are correct. I just tried TreoHelper, and although it is a nice prog, it does not do what I had originally requested. There must be a way (Developers?) to keep your connection to vision without having to logon each time you use Snapper Mail or Verichat. Does anyone have any clue? Always On internet like the T-mobile sidekick has would be nice. And yes I dont need to see the posts about battery drainage and what not, I know.

Rich
    My 600 stays on even when I quit Blazer or Webpro. I have a connection mgr to disconnect. Am I missing your point?
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Maybe I should clarify, for programs such as Snapper or Verichat, when the connection has laid dormant for a while, you will see the handshake pop up to logon. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the "hands shaking" the whole time no matter how long it has been since you have checked an email or used verichat.

MaZe
    This is like T-mo's unlimited plan.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Yes, you are right. I guess the difference is that the sidekick is dubbed an internet appliance with a phone, while the treo is a phone with built in internet (amongst other things obviously). But i would love to have the ability to stay on, and not encounter those handshake dialogues.

MaZe
    tried setting your POP mail client to poll for messages every 15 or 30 min. Mine has been setup for 30 min since I got it. I almost never see the handshaking unless there's a soft reset and I want to reconnect to vision. BTW, the handshaking was more prevalent with the 300. On the 600, even if my POP mail doesn't retrieve periodically, I seldom see the handshaking dialogue. I do see the green active arrows come on occassionally even when I'm not actively downloading which leads me to speculate that the 600 has built in software that keeps the vision connection alive.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My T600 is on Cingular, and TreoHelper turns it on daily at a specified time, and shuts it off at a specified time at night, and it maintains an internet connection all day, unless I enter a very low signal area, and then it reconnects when I return to a stronger signal area. Snapper never has to sign back on, and I have it set to check every 30 minutes.
    I too was trying to find a way to "stay connected" to Vision and not finding any answers. Then I decided to have my e-mail fetch every 30 mins like ChemEngr suggested...works great! I am using the free Handspring mail client.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by MaZe
    I was wondering if there is a program that allows the treo to maintain its connection to the internet (in this case, connection to Sprints Vision). Im looking for a program that will allow the treo to have "Always On" functionality similar to the Sidekick. I have downloaded and tried Treo Connection Manager and set it to "stay connected" but i still find myself getting the connecting to pcs vision popup when accessing programs like verichat, which I find very annoying.

Thank you in Advance!

MaZe
    This program prevents the Treo from going offline. It is freeware and hasnt been, according to PalmGear site it is on, updated in 2 years.
    From what you have posted, I guess this is the type of app you are looking for.

StayOnlineHack 0.4
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    I too was trying to find a way to "stay connected" to Vision and not finding any answers.
    Is there something I dont understand?? I use snappermail and fetch every 30 minutes but have it disconnect after each fecth. What is the advantage of staying connected to vision all the time. If you happen to have that green arrow thingie going when a call comes in...it just goes to voice mail. I guess im just confused.

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Originally posted by clairegrrl
    Is there something I dont understand?? I use snappermail and fetch every 30 minutes but have it disconnect after each fecth. What is the advantage of staying connected to vision all the time. If you happen to have that green arrow thingie going when a call comes in...it just goes to voice mail. I guess im just confused.

Claire
    The original poster doesn't like having to wait for the "Connecting to Vision" dialog to finish.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Originally posted by clairegrrl

Claire
    No arrows - vision off (disconnected), calls go through
    Gray arrows - vison on (but not active), calls go through
    Green arrows - vision on and active (currently downloading/uploading), calls go to voicemail

Hope that helps. The original poster gets disconnected from vision from time to time and when he/she tries to access blazer for example, a connecting (handshaking) dialogue box precedes a vision connection thus taking longer. If you have an app that uses vision periodically and don't have it disconnect (like you should do after fetching email) then vision stays live (on) although not active (see above). So when you access blazer, vision is already on (no handshaking dialogue) and can be active faster.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

No arrows - vision off (disconnected), calls go through
    Gray arrows - vison on (but not active), calls go through
    Green arrows - vision on and active (currently downloading/uploading), calls go to voicemail

Hope that helps. The original poster gets disconnected from vision from time to time and when he/she tries to access blazer for example, a connecting (handshaking) dialogue box precedes a vision connection thus taking longer. If you have an app that uses vision periodically and don't have it disconnect (like you should do after fetching email) then vision stays live (on) although not active (see above). So when you access blazer, vision is already on (no handshaking dialogue) and can be active faster.
    Exactly, i would prefer to not have to see the handshake and have my vision on but inactive 24/7. There should be no disconnect. It would make accessing internet programs faster, and maybe even prevent not being able to retrieve a connection once your vision has gone off. I know we are talkin about seconds here, but why shouldnt we have vision on 24/7 with an unlimitted plan, like T-MO has?

Oh and FYI: I am a he.

MaZe
    Originally posted by MaZe

Exactly, i would prefer to not have to see the handshake and have my vision on but inactive 24/7. There should be no disconnect. It would make accessing internet programs faster, and maybe even prevent not being able to retrieve a connection once your vision has gone off. I know we are talkin about seconds here, but why shouldnt we have vision on 24/7 with an unlimitted plan, like T-MO has?

Oh and FYI: I am a he.

MaZe
    Maze, maybe you missed this the first time, so I am posting it to you again.....This program prevents the Treo from going offline. It is freeware and hasnt been, according to PalmGear site it is on, updated in 2 years.
    From what you have posted, I guess this is the type of app you are looking for.

StayOnlineHack 0.4
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I did see it, thank you for the post.

I have never utilized a hack, but i will look into it.

MaZe
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't beleive this app will "reconnect" you once you disconnect... I think the functionality was only with a Treo 300. I hope I'm wrong!