1.    #1  
    I'm not sure where I found this, but it is without question the loudest ringtone, on the Treo 600, I've found so far. And it's a midi, so it doesn't need any 3rd party utilities to play it.

Fair warning: it is obnoxious, but when you want to be sure you hear your phone, this ought to do the trick. I can hear it over my car stereo, in a crowded Best Buy, etc. Makes the Hawaii 50 ringer that's discussed in some other threads seem faint by comparison.

Have fun:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    I'm not sure where I found this, but it is without question the loudest ringtone, on the Treo 600, I've found so far. And it's a midi, so it doesn't need any 3rd party utilities to play it.

Fair warning: it is obnoxious, but when you want to be sure you hear your phone, this ought to do the trick. I can hear it over my car stereo, in a crowded Best Buy, etc. Makes the Hawaii 50 ringer that's discussed in some other threads seem faint by comparison.

Have fun:
    Meyer, I downloaded this, but it wouldnt play on my computer. WinMedia Player opened and produced an error message saying "The file is either corrupt or the player doesnt support the format." I play ALL my midis with WinMedia Player.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Can't do anything with the file. Bob, could you just attach it as a mid file so I can download it straight to the Treo. I don't have an unzipper as yet. TIA.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, wonder where it got corrupted. Oh well. The forums won't allow attachments of .mid files. Give me a bit and I'll put it on my web pages and post a link here.

Sorry for the mix up.
    Bob Meyer
    I opened it with winamp no problem. It's loud but pretty annoying so if you need something to get your attention, this will do the trick
    Thanks, meyerweb! This midi is like those bootcamp wake up calls. Hehe! Definitely great to use for an alarm.
  7.    #7  
    OK, I can open it with some apps, but not others. Not sure what that means. But here are some links that should help.

First, you can go to here http://members.cox.net/rmeyer9/palmpages/palmfavs.htm and directly download the Colors.mid file to your Treo. I just tested this on my Treo and it worked fine.

If, for some reason, you have problems with this, you can install the Oct01.pdb file, and then use either iRing or TC-Ringer to copy Colors.mid from there to the Midi Ring Tones database (called "internal" in TC-Ringer) I've got links to all three files on the above page.

On an unrelated note, this page also has links to my Aqua themed Favorites buttons overlay files. For more information about them, look here . Look at pages 5 and 6 for discussion of the favorites buttons.

Hope this helps.
    Bob Meyer
    thanks for the ultra-annoying alarm - should wake me up in the morning. Gotta try it in a club to see if I'll hear it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    thanks for the ultra-annoying alarm - should wake me up in the morning. Gotta try it in a club to see if I'll hear it.
    Just heard it; it may get your attention in the club. My real test will be if it will wake me for work.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Nice.

That song is actually called "To the Colors". It's played following "Retreat" to ceremonially lower the American flag at the end of the business day on military installations.

It's meant to get people's attention so they can show the proper respect to the flag (military salute) as it is being retired for the day.
    OK. stupid NEWBIE question. How do I install new ringtones? I have a Sprint Teo 600, Hardware C & Firmware 1.1 if it matters. Also, anyone got some good links to free polymorphic ringtones?

TIA...
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    OK. stupid NEWBIE question. How do I install new ringtones? I have a Sprint Teo 600, Hardware C & Firmware 1.1 if it matters. Also, anyone got some good links to free polymorphic ringtones?

TIA...
    The easiest way is to email them to yourself and grab the email using your Treo. When you open the attached midi, the Treo will save it.

Better yet, check out here:
    http://www.palmoscentral.com/cgi-scr...sc=n&pt=t&gc=y
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post