1.    #1  
    Apologies if this seems an obvious question, but I have just got my Treo and also got a cradle that I connected to my PC.

Allis well, the synchronisation works however....., unless I'm wrong it seems that just having the Treo in the cradle, it doesn't charge. How do I go about then having in it in the cradle and having it charged at the same time?

Thanks
    Originally posted by GP-TT
    Apologies if this seems an obvious question, but I have just got my Treo and also got a cradle that I connected to my PC.

Allis well, the synchronisation works however....., unless I'm wrong it seems that just having the Treo in the cradle, it doesn't charge. How do I go about then having in it in the cradle and having it charged at the same time?

Thanks
    No apologies necessary, questions are what most of us are here for.

Yours though, would be better answered by someone that actually has the cradle. I am guessing that you would have to plug the AC cord that came with your phone into the cradle itself.
    Last edited by scandalex; 02/23/2004 at 06:59 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Originally posted by scandalex

No apologies necessary, questions are what most of us are here for.

Yours though, would be better answered by someone that actually has the cradle. I am guessing that you would have to plug the AC cord that came with your phone into the cradle itself.
    That's correct. The cradle by itself doesn't charge. You can either connect it to the standard charger, or use a USB sync/charge cable in place of the AC charger. BUT if you choose the latter path, you tie up two USB ports, because it won't sync though the charging connector, and won't charge through the sync connector.

Sometimes I wonder what the Handspring engineers were smoking.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Sometimes I wonder what the Handspring engineers were smoking.
    And DIDNT share... OK, j/p
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  5.    #5  
    Tks for your replies guys.

Meyerweb, tks for confirming my suspicion that the cradle doesn't work as a charger and I agree with your comments about the Handspring engineers - it seems silly to force you to a convuluted solution .

What is more challenging is that since I live and bought the TREO in the UK, the only company I found to supply accessories over here (expansys.com) doesn't supply additional chargers. As I'm using the cradle in the office and want the original charger that came with the TREO for home/travelling, I'm kind of stuck as far as a UK supplier is concerned.

I saw that on the TreoCentral store they sell the "Treo wall charger" and would give them a call and hopefully they can ship it overseas.

I also noticed that the cable at the end of the cradle, splits into two ends - a USB that goes into the PC and a TREO charger type jack that I hope will be compatible with the wall charger. I would think that I can plug one end of the charger in the wall socket and the other end in the jack I described above. I hope my thinking is correct, but correct me if there is a flaw in my assumptions.

Tks again.
    Originally posted by GP-TT
    Tks for your replies guys.

Meyerweb, tks for confirming my suspicion that the cradle doesn't work as a charger and I agree with your comments about the Handspring engineers - it seems silly to force you to a convuluted solution .

What is more challenging is that since I live and bought the TREO in the UK, the only company I found to supply accessories over here (expansys.com) doesn't supply additional chargers. As I'm using the cradle in the office and want the original charger that came with the TREO for home/travelling, I'm kind of stuck as far as a UK supplier is concerned.

I saw that on the TreoCentral store they sell the "Treo wall charger" and would give them a call and hopefully they can ship it overseas.

I also noticed that the cable at the end of the cradle, splits into two ends - a USB that goes into the PC and a TREO charger type jack that I hope will be compatible with the wall charger. I would think that I can plug one end of the charger in the wall socket and the other end in the jack I described above. I hope my thinking is correct, but correct me if there is a flaw in my assumptions.

Tks again.
    Yes your thinking is correct; the wall charger is made to fit into the jack you described above. This is common with other cell phones as well.

My previous phone was a Sanyo. I had the desktop charger and was wondering why I didnt get an AC cord with it; then I realized that the end of the cord I plug into my phone is the same one that I plug into the charger; hence, no need for an additional AC cord.
    ~ ScandaLous ~