1.    #1  
    Is there any apps out there for the Treo 600 that would enable you to record your calls on the Treo 600? I need to record phone interviews for my jornalism class.

Thanks
    no
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Until they release the 1.11 firmware for your phone, you can't access the microphone - the API's not exposed.
    The microphone API obviously works for GSM Treo 600's with the new firmware (3.04) but as I mentioned in my earlier post - I cant seem to be able to find a particular piece of software to record phone calls. Currently "Audacity DVR" can record voice memos (from mic), but cant record phone calls as it cant pickup the voice of the person I am speaking to.
    If you put the call on speakerphone, the mic should pic up both your voice and the person you're talking to. Sure it won't sound perfect, but for now that's probably the only option.
    I only dont understand - as to why Audacity hasnt got this covered being so expensive after all ! Recording thru speakerphone mode is jus too terrible - So its still impossible to record phone calls !
    Audacity's target market is the medical industry. This program was made for palms, not smartphones. Most people looking for voice recording features want it for memos and messages, not recording phone calls...

Besides, the ability to record phone calls sounds like it'd have some major privacy issues involved.
    Not to mention legal.
    One solution is to use this Wireless Recoder with your Treo600. Pretty simple and cheap solution for ~$20 bucks imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    With Audacity software there are currently two ways to record phone calls. One is to use the Seidio headset that is sold on the Treocentral store. Put it into the phone mode, launch Audacity, and it records both sides of the call. The second way is to use the speakerphone feature. It sounds a little hokey, but it works quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Clark
    With Audacity software there are currently two ways to record phone calls. One is to use the Seidio headset that is sold on the Treocentral store. Put it into the phone mode, launch Audacity, and it records both sides of the call. The second way is to use the speakerphone feature. It sounds a little hokey, but it works quite well.

Yup, just tried on my Sprint Treo after doing the update and works like a charm with AudacityPro. Also the wav files are supprising small. I think I'll have to invest in that Seidio headset!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    when I initiate a telephone call and then tr to launch audacity, soft reset.
    There is a bug in the personal version that wont allow launching the program without an SD card installed. This bug is now fixed and will be released along with some audio improvements this next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone
    Not to mention legal.
    In Canada it's legal as long as one of the two people are aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkayfetz
    In Canada it's legal as long as one of the two people are aware.
    I believe the same applies for the U.S.
    actually, I think BOTH parties must be made aware that the call is being recorded (in the US at least), not just one...
    It's legal on a state by state basis in the US.

In Texas, it is legal to record a call as long as at least one party on the call is aware of the recording. For the original poster's needs, in Texas, this would be legal.

Varies state to state.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Be careful here. I am not a JD but my sister attorney says that the issue of recording phone calls gets fuzzy when parties talking to each other in separate states.
    So far I have recorded only 2 phone calls (worked great by the way) --and both times I made clear to the folks I was talking to that I was recording the conversation--no complaints. This most likely is the only solution that would keep most people out of legal trouble.