1.    #1  
    I am one of the lucky ppl waiting for the T-Mobile Treo 600 to be shipped out. But I am sitting here wondering about all the problems that other ppl have had (buzzing sounds, echos, Network searches, etc...) and I am thinking to myself how many times am i going to have to send out for a replacement on my new phone? So I am putting the poll to you all.

Thanks for the responce

Timmmay!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  2.    #2  
    Ok so i suck and i forgot to put the poll in the last post..

Just wondering, "How many times do you expect to replace your Treo before you sell it and move on (if you ever do that is)?"

Thanks, Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    How about focusing on the other thousands of Treo owners that are quite happy with theiir Treos.

I'm quite happy with mine despite the few chronic complainers and perfectionists that hug these threads
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    When you come to a forum, you wouldn't expect people to be here praising their treo's over and over. Too boring and stupid. People come here when they're looking for help, not to keep posting and responding to threads called "I love my treo!".

Think about it...

Btw- I've replaced one treo and my new one works great!
    ~Steve~**Treo 600 replaced Sidekick #17!!**
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I also had those worries since a i had a fair share of problems with my 180 and 270 but those where all hinge related so other than that its been no problems at all so i hope the 600 will be ok.
    There's already a poll around here somewhere named "how many times HAVE you replaces your Treo" or something like that. The vast majority (including me) are still on their first, according to the poll.

I suspect that most of those who had to replace theirs had early production versions. And those are more likely to have problems than later ones. That's the reason I never buy a new car the first year it's available.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    There's already a poll around here somewhere named "how many times HAVE you replaces your Treo" or something like that. The vast majority (including me) are still on their first, according to the poll.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...lace+treo.html
    ~Steve~**Treo 600 replaced Sidekick #17!!**
    "There's already a poll around here somewhere named "how many times HAVE you replaces your Treo" or something like that. The vast majority (including me) are still on their first, according to the poll."

While I wish this was true, it is not quite the case.

The poll shows that over 45% of people have had to replace it at least once, and too many people have had to replace it even more often than that.

53% of the people who are on their first Treo is not a "vast majority" by any stretch of the imagination.

Personally, I think anything that has over a 5% failure rate has SERIOUS quality control / production issues. Let alone a 46.something% failure rate.

The number of people who reported here have have had to replace their phone are split almost equally with those who have not.

Me? I'm on my first (knocking on wood). Had it for 4 months. There is a very slight thumbprint-sized discoloration on the left side of the LCD screen - but i've decided to live with it. Other's may have returned it ... but you can't see it unless you are in a certain kind of light and it is only visibale on very light background ... so pictures display fine. It doesn't affect functionality.

I love the device. It is the greatest electronics device that I have ever owned, and I don't know how I ever lived without it. I would replace it 10 times if necessary, because what it does ... it does really, really well.

I'm not going to lie to you, though. They do have more problems than any other consumer electronics devices that i've ever heard of ... except for maybe the Iomage Zip drives.
    > ...How about focusing on the other thousands of Treo owners
    > that are quite happy with theiir Treos...

The poll noted above says that almost HALF of all TREO 600 buyers will return their TREO 600 due to defects.

As such, those thousands of Happy Campers are equally reflected by thousands of UnHappy Campers.

(actually, since the poll notes MULTIPLE returns as well as single returns, one really should count the multiple returns once for EACH return...)

[after posting this I see that another poster got in a comment before I was done typing - pardon the inadvertant repetition of his words]
    "(actually, since the poll notes MULTIPLE returns as well as single returns, one really should count the multiple returns once for EACH return...)"

This is true. I never thought of it that way. If you count each return as a seperate incident, the poll says that MORE than half of all Treo's shipped have been returned due to a defect.

Of course, the poll is not scientific, and angry people may be more inclined to vote ... but it's the only indicator that we have to date.

I don't think most people on here lie, so I personally take it as a semi-valid statistical sample.
    Me? I'm on my first (knocking on wood). Had it for 4 months. There is a very slight thumbprint-sized discoloration on the left side of the LCD screen - but i've decided to live with it. Other's may have returned it ... but you can't see it unless you are in a certain kind of light and it is only visibale on very light background ... so pictures display fine. It doesn't affect functionality.
    have the same exact problem with mine. same size / place on the screen as you describe. I notice it most using win-hand showing my desktops screen on the treo. thought I was the only one. still my first one though in 2 months and still happy with it otherwise!!
    -- berto
    "I'm not going to lie to you, though. They do have more problems than any other consumer electronics devices that i've ever heard of ... except for maybe the Iomage Zip drives."

How do you know that all those returned to HS/Palm are due to manufacturers defects? I bet that a majority of the returns are due to software downloaded, user error or neglect or something that would be out of the control of HS.

I have seen a lot of posts here of people trying to "scam" carriers or manufacturers into getting upgraded phones, credit to their bills, free stuff or money back. Which in turn raises the price on the next phone to come out.
    I agree w/ the above post . . . most returns are probably software related, not hardware.
    "How do you know that all those returned to HS/Palm are due to manufacturers defects? "

I don't know. How could I?

I simply figured that the average TreoCentral user was a Treo enthusiast familiar with the Palm OS ... and thus was able to discern hardware problems from common software issues.

Taking ignorance and scams into account, how could anyone ever quantify the return rate for any consumer device?