1.    #1  
    Sprint CDMA version, Rev A, 1.10-SPR update, owned since Oct '03

Here's the scenario: yesterday I noticed that about every 5-10 seconds the network activity arrows changed from gray to green for about 3 seconds, then back to gray for another 5-10 seconds, then to green, etc. etc. This cycle does would not stop unless I manually disconnected from the network. Upon reconnecting, the cycle starts over. Performed several hard-resets ... same exact scenario. The resulting drain on the battery is severe -- about 10% per hour.

This is a new problem from me ... anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?
    Do you have anything running in the background that would be polling data services, like Verichat, or Chatter, or an email program, etc?

I know when I'm running Verichat it goes "green" to periodically check w/ the server, which is what I expect. 10% per hour sounds about right, maybe a little high unless you're actively using the data periodically.
  3.    #3  
    I'm running on a hard-reset, non-hotsynced unit.

Noticed that when I get out of my neighborhood, the problems goes away but starts over again when I return the area where I live. Has to be a tower issue.
    I am having th same problem a fgkay...green to gray and back...only get one bar of signal strength at home (actually get roaming occasionally in the house)....only 1/2 mile from a Sprint tower...what goes here????...just got my T600 yesterday and the battery drain is significant....down to less than 70% in only 4 hrs.. (nothing is running in the background)

BTW I live in Atlanta, not the boonies...Sprint has the entire metro area covered pretty well (not well enough for me it looks like) so I am confused???

Any ideas???

Thanks,
    Bill