Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a basic but nice looking calculator to replace that monstosity that the T600 came with ?

I just need a basic one, not one that calculates planetary orbits / quadratic equations / advanced scientific functions etc.

Just a nicer looking one that doesn't look like it was designed 25 years ago !!
    Have you tried to change from the advanced modes on the Treo to the basic calculator? Pull down the menu and under options select toggle mode.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've done that and it looks like someone just filled a shotgun full of cheesy looking buttons and then fired them at my Treo screen !!

Surely someone must make a calc that doesn't look like a 3 year old kid had designed it ?
    I see what you mean...how about this one...it's not free but it's not expensive either...

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=&prodID=48512
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Nice!
    Great looking but doesn't respond to Treo keys - need to use the 'pole'

This one is wonderful - pops right up in other apps and is shrinkable in a separate 'window' ... and it's free, I think!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/calculator/snapcalc5.shtml
    ravi,

SnapCalc appears to be exactly what I need. I seemingly successfully downloaded it and went through the configuration page, but I can't make the calculator come up. I checked "Activate by: Key" and then in the drop-down menu, I've got, "Treo: HardKey 1". When I press the e1 key, I get e's. When I press the alt key and then e1, I get "1" but no calculator. Any ideas? Does it work on your Treo 600?

Bama
    I got it to work with the D ring, left press. A better option is to use Treo Butler and then the menu press and hold pops up the menu bar and you can configure popcalc to be there.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Make sure you download snapcalc56.zip - its the one for OS5 NOT the other one (I think its calles snapcalc 1.6 or 7 or something like that)
    All I did was download it, stick it in the treo and assign it to hard button 3and make sure you uncheck cmdbar and swipe. Assign <key> and <hold> to Treo:Hardkey X.
    When you hold the key down, it should work perfectly!
    To make the calc bigger press and hold hard key X again. To get rid of it, just hit the centre button on the 5 way.

It's a great app!

Ravi
    ravi,

Thanks for responding. I went back through everything and then realized that I was trying to use the "HardKey" on the qwerty keyboard and that the calculator was using the function keys. Playing around with technology can be a humbling experience! But you're right, this is a neat little program.

Bama
    Snapcalc works great! Just remember to disable it when your running Gizmo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions