Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We'll I've been getting this "Error 3000" thing for about a week now. I called tech support and they told me to go into my Sprint Store. I go into my sprint store today and they tell me they have to have a special cable to reprovision my phone, the only place that has that is 65 miles away. So I make the drive and they reprovision my phone with the cable. I get it back and what do you know... "Error 3000."
    So we get on the phone with tech support from the store. After two hours of trouble shooting we can't connect to vision or get rid of the error. So we get a new Treo and hook up my account to it.. provision it with the cable and try to hook up to vision...
    "Error 3000" with the new phone. But theres a guy in the store with a t600 that's working fine....
    We call tech support up again and they try one more thing and say it will take about 4 hours. Well it's been 5 hours and nothing....
    What a great way to spend a Saturday!!!!
    Anyone?????
    Tom
  2.    #2  
    I'm dyin here... someone has to have some sort of idea or had this problem....
    Thanks everyone!
    Tom
    Have you tried to go into the "pref" app, selecting "Network" and Choose "Sprint Provsioning" (it should be on "PCS Vision" right now)and connecting there first. Then connect to Vision again? I had to do this a couple times this year to get mine to work.
    Let me know if you need more info.
  4.    #4  
    I tried that also... the problem is that it can't make a connection with Sprint. So if I do go to that dropdown menu and select that, it still tried to connect to "Sprint Provisioning" but then I get the "Error 3000..." again.
    Thanks though!! Keep 'em coming!
    Tom
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    it's not your phone, it's your account. Call (and call again if you have to) and find a rep who knows anything more than Claire does, who will reset your account.

Andy
  6.    #6  
    I think that's what the tech guy said he was doing and hopefully it would take 4 hours. It's been well over that... I'll let it go 'till morning and then it will be back to the phones....
    Thanks.
    Tom
    Go back to the Sprint Store and have them replace your phone. I did this after 2 service tickets and within 15 minutes my new phone worked perfectly ... just stand your ground and get a new Treo 600.

Worked for me!
  8.    #8  
    They already replaced it once today with a new one (not refurb). You think I should get another?
    Tom
    Yeah your vision account needs to be reset. Call 1866-206-4108 to get a treo 600 tech and then 1866-207-7913 to ***** at them for taking so long to fix the problem and causing all your frustrations when you give them x amount every month. Ask for something for free or discounts of anykind, use your imagination, I always end up with some kind of discount or deal after I call that number and complain... legitamatly of course. BTW all sprint numbers can be found at http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com
    Hope it works out, I get the error occasionally, but I just hit cancel and try again. BUt it is for sure your vision account that needs a reset. Actually my phone was never provisioned normally and it sometimes think it needs it when I use ## codes becase the tech at the above number had me make a seperate selection in the pull down menu under network in the prefs app. Its named PCS Vision w/ my account info and I dont remember what all he had me type in for the details section, but it sure as hell worked.
  10.    #10  
    I'll give them a call tomorrow and do just that. So just tell them to reset my account... you think that will work? Thanks for the help, it does seem like I should get something for a day or travel and waiting.
    Thanks everyone!
    Tom
    From your statement, I take it Claire is not your friend? She has hung on me twice after she refused to transfer me to a "service representative" and I told her what I thought of her. She really does not like to be called nasty names. Ben

-----------

Originally posted by ahalvor
    it's not your phone, it's your account. Call (and call again if you have to) and find a rep who knows anything more than Claire does, who will reset your account.

Andy
    I hate to give you bad news, but I think this will help you...
    (I'm using my treo now, so I'll make the story short)

I purchased my treo with intentions on moving current Sprint phone number on a400 to this t600. After 2 weeks I made the move, but I noticed voice calls worked, but no vision anymore.

After literally 8 HOURS OF TALKING TO SPRINT TECH SUPPORT AND STORES SPREAD OVER 5 WEEKS, AND NUMEROUS FAILED ATTEMPTS OF PROVISIONING (over the network and with their computers directly), I finally talked them into giving me a new t600. And guess what? It worked the first night after provisioning...

Here's some important info.
    On the treo that would not provision with a new phone number and username, I noticed that even after a hard reset it kept the settings in the Network settings!! ....... anyhow, there's a lot of detail I'm leaving out, but I'm getting tired of typing....

oh yeah, the day I got my replacement treo 600 was the same day sprint released the 1.10 update. After I went to the store to have it provisioned, I went home and updated it to 1.10, and then called Sprint to have it reprovisioned. You draw your own conclusion on whether my visioned was fixed by getting a new treo, or updating the phone with 1.10, or both - because I haven't the slightest clue.........
    Originally posted by bclinger
    From your statement, I take it Claire is not your friend? She has hung on me twice after she refused to transfer me to a "service representative" and I told her what I thought of her. She really does not like to be called nasty names. Ben
    Claire is stupid, even for a computer. Whenever I dial *2 I always say "I would like to speak to a customer service rep"

Now henever I call sprint it is never with a normal problem/concern.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I had this same issue about 3 weeks ago with my wife's phone. There was "a batch" of Sprint Treo's that were incorrectly scanned in at the factory. They have been registered as a 2G phone and not a 3G phone. Therefore, the Vision Network will not provision the phone because it does not recognize it as 3G. This is a known problem within Tec Support (Tier 2) and they can fix it with a re-registration of your account. Sprint does not know how many phones were affected by this. The key is to get a tec who knows about the problem and it can be corrected in a couple of hours after a network update to your phone. Thanks, Jeremy

PS-btw, the wife's phone has worked well with Vision ever since
    Originally posted by Jeremym1
    I had this same issue about 3 weeks ago with my wife's phone. There was "a batch" of Sprint Treo's that were incorrectly scanned in at the factory. They have been registered as a 2G phone and not a 3G phone. Therefore, the Vision Network will not provision the phone because it does not recognize it as 3G. This is a known problem within Tec Support (Tier 2) and they can fix it with a re-registration of your account. Sprint does not know how many phones were affected by this. The key is to get a tec who knows about the problem and it can be corrected in a couple of hours after a network update to your phone. Thanks, Jeremy

PS-btw, the wife's phone has worked well with Vision ever since
    Tom, I replied to you before about the same thing, so here it goes once again.

Error 3000 IS a time-out error message due to the fact that your phone is NOT connecting to Vision.

Anyone saying that it is your account is INCORRECT. There is nothing wrong with your account; yet your account could become affected due to corrective measure that MUST be taken to get you out of the dreaded error 3000 cycle.

Producer, you said the Vision account needs to be reset; that is incorrect; you cannot reset something that the phone is not doing in the first place. Resetting is the same as provisioning.....read on.

Jeremym1, you are correct; there is a batch of Treo 600's (amount unknown) that were configured within SPRINTS database as 2G phones; which means a 2G phone CANNOT access Vision. 2G phones are capable of wireless web; which is NOT Vision.

Because of this problem, the information regarding your specific Treo 600 must be fixed/changed WITHIN SPRINTS DATABASE. You can exchange and get another Treo....if you just have to do it that way; chances of rec'g one with the same problem is hit or miss.

Now, lets get back to that resetting of your account that was mentioned; think about this, if the problem is NOT your phone, then what is the probability that re-provisioning you is going to work. Well, if we're all on the same page here; then you know the answer to that; one and for those that dont know...allow me help you out.

Re-provisioning your account is NOT the answer. Remember the database thinks your phone is 2G (wireless web) and not 3G (Vision). You can have your phone provisioned 1,000,000 and as long as the database thinks it is a 2G phone, well lets just say you have a better chance of eating filet migon in the desert than you do using your phone.

Ok, so now we know that the fix needs to be done on the Sprint side of things; the database needs to reflect that your Treo is capable of Vision. Once that problem is corrected, THEN you can be re-provisioned.

How do I know all of this?....experience My account was reset...in doing this, it wiped out my username and set me back to the name my account was provisoned with when I started using Sprint 5 years ago; that meant anything that had been associated with the username I had been using for those 5 years was now gone.

I called tech support....they told me, not a problem, we can fix that for you. What ended up happening turned into a nightmare for me and that is how I have come to know so much about this issue. When Tier 2 walked in the door, the first voice they had to greet them each morning for 2 weeks was MINE!

The first tech who told me not a problem re-entered my user name....but its not that simple. Because mine had been wiped out, it was now hung up in the system some where and I was told it would take 30-45 days for it to clear out; not good when that name is also connected to email. Anytime a username is changed, yes, that change also takes place in email.

My problem became more intensive than what tech support is accustomed too, so I was determined to learn everything I needed to learn; just in case something like this were to happen and I would have info to provide for others.

In closing (talking like the CEO I am....in my own mind) ,

It is NOT your phone, per se, it is Sprints database that tells them what your phone is supposed to do.
    Only talk with Tier 2, lower level reps dont have a clue how to fix this.
    Stay on them to make sure the database is being worked on and NOT your account.

And one last thing, I had to edit this b/c I forgot to mention it before; the SPRINT update does NOT fix error 3000!

Hope I have been of help......waving as I step away from the podium.
    Last edited by scandalex; 02/23/2004 at 10:10 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Same thing happend to me, he's right.
    Yup same thing happened to me. Took 5 days of calling support. Like peeps have said above, stick with tier two support. Eventually you'll find one who knows what he/she's doing.
    same exact thing happened to me and my prof. took me three weeks and for my prof 5 weeks. we both gor free vision for a month
  19.    #19  
    Wow, thanks for all the help since I last logged-on.
    Scandalex... theres some things I just don't understand, and you seem to be the man to ask!
    I had my phone for 3 months and it worked fine all that time until the dreaded day about a week ago. So how does that play into my phone not being registered as 3g?
    They gave me a new phone 2 days ago, and yes... same problem. I've now talked to 2 other tier 2 techs in the last 24 hours. The last one said they've done all they could, they filed a trouble ticket and said it would probably be a couple days.
    So thats where I'm at... Next time I call I'll tell them about the registered as 2g and see what they can do about it.
    You guys are great, thanks for taking the time to help me out!
    Regards,
    Tom
  20.    #20  
    Well, three days and counting for the trouble ticket... anyone know how much time these things usually take?
    Tom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast