1.    #1  
    Yesterday, while listening to Pocket Tunes my Handspring Audio Adapter broke off inside of my Treo.

This has left me with mono sound when I listen to music, as only the very tip of the plug is still stuck inside. And of course, my handsfree kit no longer plugs in tightly.

I'm going to wait until March 1st to see if the Treo 610 rumors are true before I try to get a warranty replacement. Anybody else have other suggestions for getting that thing out?
    Originally posted by ardint
    Yesterday, while listening to Pocket Tunes my Handspring Audio Adapter broke off inside of my Treo.

This has left me with mono sound when I listen to music, as only the very tip of the plug is still stuck inside. And of course, my handsfree kit no longer plugs in tightly.

I'm going to wait until March 1st to see if the Treo 610 rumors are true before I try to get a warranty replacement. Anybody else have other suggestions for getting that thing out?
    Good luck and keep us posted.

But even if the rumor is true, you don't think they will have a spare T600 to send to ya?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    A very fine flat ended probe with a drop of gel type superglue. A steady hand, slow pull, and a lot of faith............... possibly the end that broke off as the probe. Good luck !!
    I am outrageously happy in my stupidity - Snoopy Poster (circa 1970)
  4.    #4  
    I think I'll try to pull it out myself with the superglue suggestion.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to take it down do my Sprint Area Service Center in Garden Grove. I'll just complain that my Handsfree kits don't work. For those of you doing warranty replacements, you may want to consider doing this, only because they should replace it on the spot. The only reason they wouldn't would be if they didn't have any (rare), in which case I think they may even give you a loaner while they order it.

I did this once before with a broken hinge on my Treo 300, and I walked out about 2 hours later with a new phone.

For those of you who live in rural area's, though, this may not be a feasible option, if Sprint doesn't have any Area Service Centers near you.