1.    #1  
    I am trying out a new Treo 600 and have a couple of newby questions so please sorry if these have been answered before:

Is there a way to look up an address/phone # of a contact while using the Treo as a phone? It seems that once you have initiated a call it is very difficult (impossible?) to access the contacts to look up any other information.

The contacts/address book is NOT shown separately from the phone on the main screen where all the icons and applications are supposed to show. Is there a way of changing this?

Thanks to all who reply!!
    Download contacts.prc from this thread. It will give you a contacts Icon.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=contacts.html
    You can definitely access all your contacts while you're on the phone, you just have to think a little differently about it than you might have with previous Palms.

So here's the scoop - when you've established a call (either incoming our outgoing - doesn't matter which), just mash the phone icon hard button (presuming you haven't remapped that button to another app). The screen will change and you can then search for any contact, just as you would to find someone and make a call. Your current call won't be impacted at all.

So - you don't need to have a contacts icon to look up other contacts while on a call - you can do it just as I described above. Of course, you can get the Contacts icon as SprintTreoUser says, it's just that you don't HAVE to have it, to be able to lookup contacts while on the phone.

try it as I've described and see what you think....
    Originally posted by nrosser
    You can definitely access all your contacts while you're on the phone, you just have to think a little differently about it than you might have with previous Palms.

So here's the scoop - when you've established a call (either incoming our outgoing - doesn't matter which), just mash the phone icon hard button (presuming you haven't remapped that button to another app). The screen will change and you can then search for any contact, just as you would to find someone and make a call. Your current call won't be impacted at all.

So - you don't need to have a contacts icon to look up other contacts while on a call - you can do it just as I described above. Of course, you can get the Contacts icon as SprintTreoUser says, it's just that you don't HAVE to have it, to be able to lookup contacts while on the phone.

try it as I've described and see what you think....
    Just press Menu View Contacts
    Ciao

Ettore
    While on a call, the Phone button will toggle you between your call and the dial pad (where you can choose your Contacts)
    It helps if you're on speaker phone or use the earbuds that came with it!