1.    #1  
    I'm a traveling salesman who got the Sprint Treo 600 mainly to get my email from the road. We use a standard secure outlook/exchange server at office. The problem is that my laptop is also with me on the road. Biz connect instructions want the laptop sitting back at office, turned on and running. That's impossible for me (and sounds sorta crazy too).

After loooong wait with Sprint they told me that I should download "Eudora" and that will solve my problem. Apparantly it will go after my server instead of client like BizConnect.

Is this right? Which Eudora package...the EIS package 2.1 on their website? Or is there some better software Help!!!
    Sounds like Webmail is the way to go. I don't know if Eudora can access exchange servers?
    I goto to http://webmail.companyname.com to access my exchange email from work. If it's a POP2, which you say it's not, then the Free Handspring email cleint, Snappermail or Eudora will work. Your company may need to be setup first if they are not for the webmail to work.
    Bradf -

I had the same problem as you initially, in that my BC client was installed on my laptop & I could only access Outlook info on the T600 while the laptop was connected to the corporate network. Whoop-ti-do... not very useful.

So, after removing the BC client from my laptop, I paid a visit to our local IT boneyard & made off with an ancient desktop - P3/450, I believe. It doesn't have any applications installed - just the BC client & network access. It's sitting in my office now, sans keyboard, monitor & mouse - plugged into a UPS and happily chugging away syncing my Outlook mailbox to my T600.

One thing you'll need to do though, is change your delivery preferences on your laptop's Outlook installation from Personal Folders to your Exchange Mailbox & set it up to enable offline access.

good luck...

tdh
  4.    #5  
    thanks guys. i've got some good info to take back to my IT guys on mon.
  5.    #6  
    I assume if I install Snappermail then i should delete Biz Connect fully and don't have to keep paying sprint for it?
    Originally posted by bradf
    I assume if I install Snappermail then i should delete Biz Connect fully and don't have to keep paying sprint for it?
    you can keep them both if you want, or get rid of the one you dont want.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.