Here is the link to the review of the T-mobile Treo 600:

Chromewalker

http://www.chromewalker.com
    In your review you mention:

The stats for T-Mobile phones on sale now are the following:
    Firmware: 02.05
    Software: Treo600-1.08-INT
    Hardware: B
    Locked to T-mobile (You can't take it to another carrier if you cancel your plan)

Is there any TMobile personalization at all? Was there anything on or in the box to indicate it was TMobile "branded"?

Have you actually checked to see if the phone is locked to a TMobile SIM?

And if the phone is truly locked to TMobile, but otherwise has INTernational firmware and software, why would anyone want to buy the TMobile version?

Since no one who's ordered a TMobile "branded" T600 from Handspring has received theirs yet, I wonder if the T600s that Busfish sold you are actually international ones (not that there is anything wrong or bad about that) with a TMobile plan. (That's why I asked if you checked if your T600s were actually TMobile SIM locked).

Nice review, by the way, and enjoy your T600! Mine has been a great joy, with little disappointment.

Bill S
  3.    #3  
    There is no branding on mine, Ralph's or anyone's from T-Mobile that I've seen, and it is the OFFICIAL T-Mobile release, at least for now. There is no logo on startup or anything like that. What is there are the settings for T-Zones and the Internet and they are locked. The phone is LOCKED by default, I've tried other cards, and they DO NOT work. So.. I had to get it unlocked via T-Mobile (they will do that if you've had your account for a while and have a valid reason).

Hope that helps,
    C
  4.    #4  
    Oh yeah, and regarding the international software... You have a point.

As for the stash that Busfish has, Corporate buyers have had access to the Treo 600 before the general public, thus I was able to get one from Busfish who has stock from that 'pile' so to speak.
    Originally posted by helio005
    There is no branding on mine, Ralph's or anyone's from T-Mobile that I've seen, and it is the OFFICIAL T-Mobile release, at least for now. There is no logo on startup or anything like that. What is there are the settings for T-Zones and the Internet and they are locked. The phone is LOCKED by default, I've tried other cards, and they DO NOT work. So.. I had to get it unlocked via T-Mobile (they will do that if you've had your account for a while and have a valid reason).

Hope that helps,
    C

As for the stash that Busfish has, Corporate buyers have had access to the Treo 600 before the general public, thus I was able to get one from Busfish who has stock from that 'pile' so to speak.
    If it's locked to the TMobile SIM, then there's little question it's the official release!

The settings for T-Zones and Internet and VPN come from the SIM, and/or Over The Air. My unlocked Cingular T600 had the TMobile T-Zones and Internet and VPN settings as soon as I stuck the TMobile SIM into it (I never had a Cingular SIM, I got the T600 from Handspring without a SIM or contract, and walked over to the TMobile store and had it activated). The T-Zones and Internet and VPN settings remained after I updated the firmware and software to the INTernational 2.08/1.08 and then to 2.09/1.09. These settings have always been locked. (I don't mind that they're locked, but they're also un-viewable, which sucks).

I didn't think about the Corporate release when I wondered how Busfish got theirs! (Sound of hand slapping forehead). It's also nice to hear that Busfish isn't 'raping' people with the price, and that their service and support is good.

The Corporate release may not be the same as the general public release (though it probably is). The corp ones are all international. I was really curious if the general public release was also unbranded (INTernational). I was mostly wondering what the official TMobile "Connecting" and "Disconnecting" screens looked like, and how different they would be from the "home made" ones many of have been using for months.

Bill S
    Could someone with the "official" T-Mobile Treo 600 go into Blazer and try to open http://wap.myvoicestream.com ? This has worked for me for every high-end device I've had except the Treo 600. I'd like to know if the official ones are different from my Cingular version or if the Treo just can't do this. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  7.    #7  
    I cannot reach it.
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    Could someone with the "official" T-Mobile Treo 600 go into Blazer and try to open http://wap.myvoicestream.com ? This has worked for me for every high-end device I've had except the Treo 600. I'd like to know if the official ones are different from my Cingular version or if the Treo just can't do this. Thanks in advance for any help!

I think wap.myvoicestream.com does not work because Blazer is a HTML/WAP browser. On my P800 wap.myvoicestream.com loads on the included wap-browser, but not on Opera (HTML/WAP). I think the page detects a HTML capable browser & won't load.
    If someone knows a workaround for this, it would make me happy
    Thanks very much for trying. Ah well, I can stay with the Cingular version and not be missing anything.

Originally posted by helio005
    I cannot reach it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10.    #10  
    I think that the Cingular Version or any other version is pretty much the same provided that it is unlocked and that you can edit the network settings, AND that your hardware revision is 'B'.

BTW. On my replacement Treo 600 that I just got today...
    Flicker still continues, although a little less than before...
    Bummer.

It was still occuring without any 3rd party apps, so I know it's not that.