Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey - found this site and I thought it might be useful and interesting for those of us using WAV's as ringers:

http://www.ilovewavs.com/

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I had so much fun on that site! Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    Hey - found this site and I thought it might be useful and interesting for those of us using WAV's as ringers:

L
    HAHA! That's awesome! Tx!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This is my fav place...
    http://www.soundamerica.com/
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Okay - we all know the sound the cellphone ringer makes in the Matrix... anyone have a clean WAV or MP3 sample of that sound they could send to me??? I have looked everywhere and have only found one, weak, noisy copy that doesn't sound very good on the Treo...

L
    Lee Ladisky

L

How do you put these on the T600 as ringers . Can you explain how I set it up?

Thanks
    Originally posted by hockey Dad
    How do you put these on the T600 as ringers . Can you explain how I set it up?

Thanks
    Get LightWav
    http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    www.dailywav.com is a good source for wav
    files. The WEBMaster seems to focus on a few of his favorite
    TV shows and movies that are not necessarily mine,, but all
    in all a good site. Good archive source for older sounds too.
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    Really want to download the Star Wars Imperial March by John Williams to assign to the phone number of my boss. Anyone found a descent ringtone for it?
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    Ah, found a polyphonic ringtone for the Imperial March here, and it's free!

Serve the Empire!
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

Get LightWav
    http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html
    Thanks, I downloaded Lightwav, now i need to know how to get files on to my treo to use as ringers from the site I love wavs. Can you explain the procedure to me.

Thanks for all the help
    There are several ways, you may want to read the manual that came with it. (It is the PDF file) That explains EVERYTHING!
  14. djc
    Okay - we all know the sound the cellphone ringer makes in the Matrix... anyone have a clean WAV or MP3 sample of that sound they could send to me??? I have looked everywhere and have only found one, weak, noisy copy that doesn't sound very good on the Treo...

L
    see attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by djc

see attached
    Literally bowing in your general direction... that is KICK-A$$.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    re: matrix phone
    That is the best ringer in the world, thanks. Everyone recognizes it too.

re: the imperial march
    When my PARENTS call me, my treo plays the mp3 version of that LOL.

DUM DUM DUM, DUM DA-DUM, DUM DA-DUM OH MY GOD!!!!! IT'S MY PARENTS CALLING!!!!!
    I'm having difficulties with the wav file Mail19.wav (Rap, "You've Got, You've got, mail"). I downloaded the file from the ilovewaves.com and mailed it to myself using Snappermail.

If I open the attachment on the Treo 600 with pTunes, the wav plays, but I can't get it to play from within Pocket Tunes (v2.3b2). The file is displayed as the current item in the /Audio folder of my SD card, but won't play!

If I open the attachment with LightWav, I get the message "Error parsing the WAVE file. Error code: FFFF". The file appears in the list of LightWav Sounds, but won't play.

I am testing the trial version of LightWav.

Is there some type of conversion required to use these files from ilovewaves.com? Do I have something setup incorrectly?
    Ndugu
    Originally posted by Ndugu
    I'm having difficulties with the wav file Mail19.wav (Rap, "You've Got, You've got, mail"). I downloaded the file from the ilovewaves.com and mailed it to myself using Snappermail.

If I open the attachment on the Treo 600 with pTunes, the wav plays, but I can't get it to play from within Pocket Tunes (v2.3b2). The file is displayed as the current item in the /Audio folder of my SD card, but won't play!

If I open the attachment with LightWav, I get the message "Error parsing the WAVE file. Error code: FFFF". The file appears in the list of LightWav Sounds, but won't play.

I am testing the trial version of LightWav.

Is there some type of conversion required to use these files from ilovewaves.com? Do I have something setup incorrectly?
    HI, the is the general error when you try to play a compressed wave file. On the Treo only uncompressed wave file can be used. unlike where you can use the same file on the Tungten.

to fix the problem load the wave file into a conversion app like Goldwave www.goldwave.com and resave the file as PCM 8/16bps 11khz file. you can then hotsync tothe card or use our wavConverter.exe windows app to convert to palmOS db and use it in ram.

after you hotsync you should tap on the Refresh button to refresh the list.
    in goldwave, do you you change the bitrate info??
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    here is what you do.

1. load in wave file
    2. select Save As from File menu
    3. select format to be : wav PCM 8 or 16bps signed 11 khz or higher
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast