1.    #1  
    I use my Treo 600 as a pager when I am on-call for work related "emergencies". The Alert ring tone is far too easy for me to sleep through!

1. I cannot set a seperate ring tone / volume for Alerts.... Just for Phone / Mail / Calendar / SMS

2. Can I get the "tone" to ring more than one time?

3. Is there a "remind" function? That is, if I don't respond within X minutes, Alert me again?

Thanks
    I guess I don't understand. Aren't you getting messages/alerts as SMS messages? If so, as you said you can set both the ringtone and volume for an SMS message.

Originally posted by rosebud
    I use my Treo 600 as a pager when I am on-call for work related "emergencies". The Alert ring tone is far too easy for me to sleep through!

1. I cannot set a seperate ring tone / volume for Alerts.... Just for Phone / Mail / Calendar / SMS

3. Is there a "remind" function? That is, if I don't respond within X minutes, Alert me again?

Thanks
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Check out either TreoAlertMgr or TreoButler (it has a feature called Attention Grabber). They both do exactly what you want. And both have free trials so you can see which one works best!
  4.    #4  
    I'll check out the two packages that were mentioned.

To the previous responder (I can't see the earlier msg when I'm posting a reply)... I am on Sprint PCS. Their SMS service just went live in my area yesterday. And I haven't yet figured out how to get our computers (that do the "paging") to send an email msg that will get routed to my phone via SMS.

Thanks for your help.
    Originally posted by rosebud

Thanks
    1) As stated above, get TreoalertMgr from pdaapps.com. This really shoule be a must have app for all treu users. There is an option in TreoalertMgr to specify a particular alert for sms. If you want to get even more fancy, checkout lightwave from toysoft.ca which will et you specify mp3 ringtones etc...

2 + 3) again Treoalertmgr is the answer to both questions...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions