1.    #1  
    Ok, so today I decided to do something about my T600's penchant for going into "Network search" mode 10 times a day and the battery lasting all of 30 minutes per full charge.

Step 1: Called Sprint technical support. Waited on hold 25 minutes
    "Technician" reccommended I try the following (As read out of his "How to sound like a real technician" handbook.)
    A) Soft Re-set,
    B) Hard Re-set
    C) go to Sprint store. (Jeez, thank for that quality service, like I didn't try that crap BEFORE I called you!)

Step 2: Went to Sprint store.
    I explain the circumstances and issues I am dealing with. He takes phone out back and either does some testing or pretends to do some testing and then this "Technician" advises me to try a new battery charger, claiming that my battery may not be fully charging even though the status indicator SAYS it is fully charged.

He thinks this could also be causing my "Network Search" problem. (I of course think he is an *****, but I digress).

Step 3: Go home an Re-Charge my phone, as per this knuckleheads instructions, using the new charger.

Step 4: Try phone after it is again "Fully charged" and phone battery still runs down so fast you actually watch the meter drop. I get about 30 minutes of talk time per full charge (If I am lucky).

Step 5: Just took 3 Valium and am now headed back to the Sprint store.

Step 6: Repeating mantra..."Find a happy place, Find a happy place"....

UPDATE:
    got my new (refurbished) T600. Total turnaround time 72 hrs! Excellent customer service A+
    It is a Rev. C (old T600 was a Rev. B)
    Updated to 1.10 already

Things I am noticing on the "new" T600:
    Buttons are definitely snappier, more click like
    Screen is brighter/ clearer
    Camera is funky, not as good as my Rev. B, but close
    "PALM ONE" tag has replaced the HS tag on the front of the phone
    Speaker seems about the same on MP3's but louder on ringers
    Vibrate is stronger

More as I get some use on it.
    Last edited by mjolnir2k; 02/24/2004 at 08:18 PM.
    Go GSM

Haha sorry. good luck with your phone problems though!
  3.    #3  
    Ok, just got back from the Sprint store. New phone is being sent to me by Monday.

Hate to see the old girl go, but will be glad to have a working phone again.

I'll post the revision etc. after I rec. the new phone.
    Same thing is happening to me. I hate the damn stores. They make you wait in line for 30 - 60 minutes in line after you shelled out up to $600 for a top-of-the-line phone.

Idiots on the phone said "Just dial *2 and it will update the tower information."

Hey *****, if I can't make calls because of the Network Search, how am I supposed to dial *2?

This is the first refurb, but I'm already feeling reminiscent of my 6 replacements of my T-Mobile Sidekick. Please tell me I get a good one. I don't want more issues.

BTW, is this problem prevalent with everyone after the SMS upgrade?
    Originally posted by golfingtigger
    Same thing is happening to me. I hate the damn stores. They make you wait in line for 30 - 60 minutes in line after you shelled out up to $600 for a top-of-the-line phone.

Idiots on the phone said "Just dial *2 and it will update the tower information."

Hey *****, if I can't make calls because of the Network Search, how am I supposed to dial *2?

This is the first refurb, but I'm already feeling reminiscent of my 6 replacements of my T-Mobile Sidekick. Please tell me I get a good one. I don't want more issues.

BTW, is this problem prevalent with everyone after the SMS upgrade?

It's unrelated to the upgrade. It seems that some batteries stop holding charge after around 3 months, and as they fluctuate their charge (my humble theory) the network search goes off (not maintaining consistent signal strength with charge fluctuation).

Coincidentally, the 1.10 revision was about 3 months after the Treos were issued.
  6.    #6  
    UPDATE:
    got my new (refurbished) T600. Total turnaround time 72 hrs! Excellent customer service A+
    It is a Rev. C (old T600 was a Rev. B)
    Updated to 1.10 already

Things I am noticing on the "new" T600:
    Buttons are definitely snappier, more click like
    Screen is brighter/ clearer
    Camera is funky, not as good as my Rev. B, but close
    "PALM ONE" tag has replaced the HS tag on the front of the phone
    Speaker seems about the same on MP3's but louder on ringers
    Vibrate is stronger

More as I get some use on it.