1.    #1  
    I have seen a few people wanting to use a mix of MIDI and MP3 ringers on their Treo 600. So I am posting instructions here. I also am adding a section to my Treo 600 web page called "Tips and Tricks" And there are instructions there as well.. So here goes:

LightWav and MIDI

LightWav does not support MIDI file ringers... However I have found out a work around for this. Follow the steps below:

1) Download the Silent.MP3 file. Then place the Silent.MP3 in your ringer directory on your memory card.
    2) Install an app called TCRinger. (It supports individual MIDI ringers & Catagory ringers)
    3) To use a MIDI ringer, set LightWav to Silent for the individual/catagory, then set TCRingerto the MIDI file you want. If you want an MP3 file as a ringer then set TCRingerto Silent for the Individual/Catagory, and then use LightWav to set an MP3 for the ringer.

Just trying to allow you to make the MOST of this really cool device!
    Files needed:
    TCRinger
    LightWav
    Silent.MP3
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    did TCRinger for the 600 come out? i had been told by a few people who bought my ringtone collection at handango that they could not get the Treo300 version of tcringer to work on their 600... i don't have a 600 so i don't know.

would like to be able to give them the right info
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    The links in my tips above contain the Treo 600 version. (It works on My treo 600 anyway) However it is no longer supported my the company that made it, However if you are resourseful, you can "fix" the demo version.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn
    However it is no longer supported my the company that made it, However if you are resourseful, you can "fix" the demo version.
    What do you do if you aren't resourceful?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by boardoe

What do you do if you aren't resourceful?
    Hope the demo version lasts long enough for LightWav to support MIDI files?

Lots of people frown on the sort of thing I am refering to. I will not outright explain what I am refering to.

However I will give 1 hint, and I will not explaint it. Just remember that search engines are your friend.

pwcpp
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn
    The links in my tips above contain the Treo 600 version. (It works on My treo 600 anyway) However it is no longer supported my the company that made it, However if you are resourseful, you can "fix" the demo version.
    Have you done a soft reset since you've been using the 600 version of TC Ringer? Big thread on here a while back...while it worked beautifully, it caused most of us who tried it to go into TELT once a soft reset occurred after installation, for whatever reason.
  7.    #7  
    Yes I have done manual soft reset's and I also have had the device soft reset. I have had no troubles with it so far.
    interesting. i have sort of been waiting until either tcringer or ringo came out for the 600, or some other ringtone manager, since the PDB files need a manager. and the managers do added stuff. maybe as you say lightwav will fully support it eventually. meantime i have been sending folks the individual midi files to use.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.