1.    #1  
    SO I am talking away on my T600 and after 3 minutes the screen goes off and so does the sound - once I unlock the screen with the usual 2 steps, sound and vision are restored. How can I overide this annoying trait?
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650
    I don't have that problem at all. I'm with Orange UK, Firmware 2.09 and unlocked via the Patch. But then again, to be honest, I didn't have that problem before all my fiddling around either. Go figure.
    I actually had the same problem. Brought it into service and they said I had to swap out for another phone.

Did that. Reinstalled everything like I had and the shut off problem recurred. I was going to bring it in again, but remembered all of the utilities I had installed.

I figured it was a conflict with some program (out of TC Ringer, TreoAlert Manager, TreoButler, PhoneGaurd, Call Filter, Treo CM, etc.).

Running now with TC Ringer, TreoAlert Manager, Treo Butler and Call Filter. Have not had a problem with the shut off. I can't pinpoint what the exact conflict was, though.
    Originally posted by Calverta
    SO I am talking away on my T600 and after 3 minutes the screen goes off and so does the sound - once I unlock the screen with the usual 2 steps, sound and vision are restored. How can I overide this annoying trait?
    Are you running phone guard? It has a setting to shut off the screen at a user configurable interval up to 3 minutes? And check to make sure you have system sounds enabled. I know that the sandman app (designed to shut off the screen at user request) would also shut off the sound unless system sounds were enabled.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.