1.    #1  
    All --

We have created/somewhat-tested the Reqwireless EmailViewer/HotViewer apps for use with the Treo600 (with the J9 Java PRC/JVM).

Feel free to trial either/both apps by visiting: http://www.reqwireless.com/support_f...reo600-install
    for installation instructions for the Java environment and Reqwireless apps for your Treo.

Finally, per-product description pages for both apps are as follows:

EmailViewer: http://www.reqwireless.com/emailviewer.html

HotViewer: http://www.reqwireless.com/hotviewer.html

Enjoy and, as always, your feedback to support@reqwireless.com is welcome.
    Cool! Can't wait to tryout latest versions!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I absolutely love your applications and have already registered your value bundle that includes the webviewer and emailviewer applications.

I am anxiously awaiting the next incarnation of your applications that perhaps address the few remaining problems I have experienced in using those applications with the Treo, some of which have already seen addressed here before.

The 'Alt' key problem in Webviewer that causes an abrupt termination in the application, and the problem in emailviewer that causes the application to become corrupted if the program is terminated by other than exiting the application using the exit dialogue within emailviewer.

Again the functionality and speed of your applications are great I'm looking forward to the next update.

Originally posted by Reqwireless
    All --

We have created/somewhat-tested the Reqwireless EmailViewer/HotViewer apps for use with the Treo600 (with the J9 Java PRC/JVM).

Feel free to trial either/both apps by visiting: http://www.reqwireless.com/support_f...reo600-install
    for installation instructions for the Java environment and Reqwireless apps for your Treo.

Finally, per-product description pages for both apps are as follows:

EmailViewer: http://www.reqwireless.com/emailviewer.html

HotViewer: http://www.reqwireless.com/hotviewer.html

Enjoy and, as always, your feedback to support@reqwireless.com is welcome.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  4.    #4  
    > The 'Alt' key problem in Webviewer that causes an abrupt termination in the application, and the problem in emailviewer that causes the application to become corrupted if the program is terminated by other than exiting the application using the exit dialogue within emailviewer.

This is an issue with the beta-J9 JVM, not with the Reqwireless apps, see the WME Readme.txt excerpt:

"- On a Treo 600, pressing the 'Alt' key in a text field without
    the numeric modifier will cause the application to exit."

I would suspect this issue will be solved with the production-release of the J9/JVM
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Prismatic
    The 'Alt' key problem in Webviewer that causes an abrupt termination in the application, and the problem in emailviewer that causes the application to become corrupted if the program is terminated by other than exiting the application using the exit dialogue within emailviewer.
    Yeah, reqwireless is great! I did experience the emailviewer corruption, too, so a fix for that would be nice.

The Alt problem appears to be the JVM's fault... hitting that button kicks me out of every Java program that I've tried. So i don't' think there's much that Reqwireless can do about it. They are off the hook for that .
    [i posted in a different thread...why can't we delete posts?]
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 02/20/2004 at 12:39 AM.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Hi

I understand that :

Are you also stating that the problem in emailviewer that causes the application to become corrupted if the program is terminated by other than exiting the application using the exit dialogue within emailviewer is also an issue with the beta-J9 JVM?

I ask this because:
    1) Webviewer does not display this behavior with beta-J9
    2) The problem is intermittent in emailviewer

Thanks

Originally posted by Reqwireless
    > The 'Alt' key problem in Webviewer that causes an abrupt termination in the application, and the problem in emailviewer that causes the application to become corrupted if the program is terminated by other than exiting the application using the exit dialogue within emailviewer.

This is an issue with the beta-J9 JVM, not with the Reqwireless apps, see the WME Readme.txt excerpt:

I would suspect this issue will be solved with the production-release of the J9/JVM
    Originally posted by Prismatic
    I absolutely love your applications and have already registered your value bundle that includes the webviewer and emailviewer applications.

I am anxiously awaiting the next incarnation of your applications that perhaps address the few remaining problems I have experienced in using those applications with the Treo, some of which have already seen addressed here before.

Again the functionality and speed of your applications are great I'm looking forward to the next update.

Where did you find the "value bundle"?? I have looked at the website and do not see one?
    You can find the Reqwireless value bundle by just clicking

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...ch=reqwireless

Originally posted by scotttkd

Where did you find the "value bundle"?? I have looked at the website and do not see one?
    I have purchased the webviewer and really love the speed!

I'm having some troubles with the bookmark function. I can bookmark any page fine... The problem is that I am unable to change any of the bookmarks except for the 1st one in the list. I am also unable to move bookmarks in the list (i.e. change the order) and unable to place the bookmarks into the folders. I would really like to have the ability to change my bookmarks.

Other than that the program is great! Keep up the good work.
    I received a note today that an updated beta version of the MIDP 2.0 WebSphere Micro Environment Toolkit for Palm OS Developers is now available.

Has anyone installed it yet does it effect any of the reqwireless apps? Do the applications have to be re-registered after the updated beta is installed? Do all of the settings have to be re-entered.

Thanks in advance
    does anyone have an answer to the following...

Email Viewer does not show up as an ap to assign a button to (or delete either), and

is there a way to make email viewer use my current contact list instead of creating a new one??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Scott!