1.    #1  
    Now this thing is really cool:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ru...ite=SmartPhone

Damn you Motorola! Why don't you license Palm OS?
    That's pretty trick.
    I agree... my mouth fell to the floor when I saw pics of the MPx300! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think would definitely drop the Treo600 for this device if available today!

P.S. Assuming BT, landscape etc....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Those are cool - both of them.

(I personally like a phone to be a phone and a handheld computer to be a handheld computer - when the engineers get their heads working and give both in the same little package - as with those - I think they're cool)
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    What is the chance it will be offered in the US?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I am sure it will make it to the US.. but do you know how slow these Windows Handhelds get...

Also.. do you really want your address book, phone, mp3 player, camera (pick one or all) to give you blue screens at just the wrong time?

-David
    (MCSE/CNE/CCIE not anti-microsoft in the least)
    Whoooaa! A clamshell smartphone with QWERTY that can be used in either portrait or landscape mode? That's slick~!! Time to start saving some money for that bad boy.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah but the device has one BIG problem.

It's a Microsoft OS phone.

I bought a Treo 600 the day it was released in the UK, sold it a couple of weeks later and bought a XDA 2 thinking that it was going to be in a different, better league. It was totally crap - slow, buggy and the software was just bloatware. It had to be reset every single day because something would inevitably upset it.

Only then did I realise what a great thing the Treo was. In the few weeks I had it, it never bombed, worked perfectly and was a dream to use. I cant honestly say what made me sell it. Probably stupidity.

After living with the XDA 2 for two months, I dumped it and bought another T600 - I just couldn't stand it anymore. As they say 'you don't know what you've got 'till i'ts gone '

Microsoft = buggy, slow and unreliable
    Last edited by ravi; 02/20/2004 at 09:01 AM.