1.    #1  
    I am new to PDA's in general, but just purchased a Treo 600 through Sprint. I want to download an email program, however, I am wondering if there is a program that gives me the option so that my email is left on the server (like I do through Outlook Express) when I check it through my Treo?
    Yes. Snappermail gives you control over whether messages are left on the server or not. For instance, once Snappermail downloads your mail, you can select on a message by message basis which ones you wish to delete from the server on the subsequent send/fetch. Alternatively you can set Snappermail to delete messages from the server when they are deleted from the device. Checkout www.snappermail.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your quick reply! I actually just installed Snappermail to check it out since it seems to be the favorite, and was going to see if there was a function. Thank you so much!
    The free Handspring Client is that way too (option for leave on server)
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    The free Handspring Client is that way too (option for leave on server)
    Right, but with the HS Mail it is all or nothing. Snappermail lets you chose whether to leave email on the server message by message.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    where do I get the free handspring client?
    I am not doubting that Snapper mail is the shizznit, it's just that the HS cleint is free, was made for the 600 and does meet some peoples needs...

six of one, half dozen of the other....

James. off the HS site, undersupprt for the CDMA treo600
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...tProducts=4442
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I am not doubting that Snapper mail is the shizznit, it's just that the HS cleint is free, was made for the 600 and does meet some peoples needs...
    Don't get me wrong - HS Mail is a great email client. Especially because it's free. It also does a couple of things better than Snappermail (such as checking mail in the background without turning on the screen). It was a very hard choice for me to decide between the two good programs.

I was just pointing out my favorite feature of Snappermail which lets me individually delete certain messages from the server.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks to everyone for their replies I installed Snappermail last night and got it up and running. It works great! Thanks!
    I've thought about Snappermail but have been happy with the HS Mail app.

However at the moment I'm being spammed big time on a little used domain I use. My main email address is fine. I am getting 50+ emails per day to randomfirstname@thatdomain, all of which contain a virus.

Althought I can handle the problem from my PC with a POP3 mail header program, it is a pain if I want to check for email on the Treo.

Although I've set the HS Email to only download 5k of each email it's still a problem.

OK here's the question.

Can Snappermail be set to ignore certain domain names in the To: box ?

Can SM be set to download only 1K of the header ?

I've checked the webstie but could not find these answers.

Generally I would not ask this question, I would just install the program and find out, but I don't want to risk upsetting my mail settings unless it will do the job.

Cheers,

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I enjoyed SnapperMail a lot while I was using it and in fact, still have the trial on my Treo 600... but the HS Mail client's ability to check email without turning on the screen was the deal clincher for me. Two reaons for that: 1) It saves battery when you don't have to power up the screen every 15 minutes (which is my interval for checking email during the day), and 2) the HS Mail client is LightWav compatible using the "Repeat Alarm" function in Lwav. Now, when I get a new email I have the ability to play an MP3/WAV notification. I know Danny at Toysoft has been working on getting SnapperMail compatibility into Lwav but I'm not sure if it is there yet for automatic email delivery (I know the latest rev works for manual email delivery).

Rob
    -- time is never wasted when you're wasted at the time
    I been using snappermail for a few months now...i have never seen the option you are referencing here...i know how to trash a message, but after i do that it is still on server when i dlownload onto pc based mail client...

NIck
  13.    #13  
    ...i know how to trash a message, but after i do that it is still on server when i dlownload onto pc based mail client...
    Do you empty the trash? That will delete it from the server. If it's just in the trash, it will still be on the server.

The individual deletion is done by touching the message (not opening it), holding the stylus there and then a menu pops up giving you several options.

Hope this helps
    I've tried to find the free version of TreoMail on HS website, but all links point to Visto's MessageXPress which comes with 30 d. free trial but costs $99 a year!!

Gee, I wonder how much of that getr kicked back PalmOne's way?
    In fact, TreoMail is now Visto, and you have to pay. If it's any compensation, I have tried several e-mail clients for receiving push e-mail from MS Exchange behind a corporate firewall, and Visto works pretty well, i.e. decent interface and reasonably reliable.