1.    #1  
    I love my treo 600, but the camera quality just sucks. I have attached a typical picture taken from my phone. Does anyone have the same problem? Are there any fixes?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well, as has been discussed many times in here, the camera quality is not that great, but I would say with that particular picture, the camera moved slightly on the vertical axis while taking the exposure. I don't think the camera controls are very conducive to holding the phone steady while taking pictures. Try taking a picture while holding the phone with both hands.

Also, I think you'll find indoor pictures have lower light levels, which leads to a longer exposure and more time to shake the camera. (old school film photographers generally use a tripod for any exposure longer than 1/60th of a second) In my experience, outdoor pictures generally look better.
    yea, the camera definitely moved.

of course, the camera is not meant to BE good, but more of a business/fun tool. I use it all the time to send "spur of the moment" pics to friends and relatives. I doubt anyone who buys a camera phone expects to replace a true digital camera.
    With a revision A treo i get this result, so you are very lucky:
    Here is a good thread where you can see the potential of the T600 camera.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t48574/s.html
  6.    #7  
    Thanks guys. That is what I had been reading here and other places. I did not buy this phone for the camera, but it would be nice to have decent pictures.
    I see pictures that other smaller/cheaper phones take and cannot understand why the quality on th treo is so bad.
    I think I will make a tripod mount for my treo to stop the shaking. :-)
    Not too bad! It's not good for a quick point and shoot but if you hold it still for a few seconds and let it get focused and take pic on big setting then they don't turn out so bad.
    With cameras out there boasting 8+ megapixel how can anyone rely on a camera imbeded in a phone? I find no need and no practical use for a phone camera. The certainly are not intended for the camera happy folks.

The Treo 650 has a 1.3 mp which is better than most other phones, but not good enough to savor your vacation collection. They have decompression schemes, posted here on TC that can improve the quality of the pics when transferred to a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    ...The Treo 650 has a 1.3 mp which is better than most other phones, ...
    Really ? Have I been sleeping and PalmOne has released Treo 650 'Part Deux'
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    The Treo 650 has a 0.3 mp camera
    He meant one .3 mp camera.... (rolling eyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    He meant one .3 mp camera.... (rolling eyes)
    But it's not a one.3 mp it's a zero.3 mp. Or do you mean only one camera on it. Now that would be something, more then one camera on a phone LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by dxterra
    I love my treo 600, but the camera quality just sucks. I have attached a typical picture taken from my phone. Does anyone have the same problem? Are there any fixes?
    Hold your camera steady when taking pics !
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    With cameras out there boasting 8+ megapixel how can anyone rely on a camera imbeded in a phone? I find no need and no practical use for a phone camera. The certainly are not intended for the camera happy folks.

The Treo 650 has a 1.3 mp which is better than most other phones, but not good enough to savor your vacation collection. They have decompression schemes, posted here on TC that can improve the quality of the pics when transferred to a PC.
    Treo650, same VGA camera, better white balance, corrret 0.3 Megapixel (.307200) 640x480.
    You need a LOT of good light, but you can take good pics with your Treo 600. Just take multiple pics from every shot, one of them is bound to turn out better than the others. Here are some samples from my Treo (untouched).

http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample1.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample2.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample3.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample4.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample5.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample6.jpg

Just remember, for every good pic you see here I've got 10 pictures that are crap. You've got to know and understand the limitations of the camera.

I've even gotten some of these pictures printed by ofoto before and they didn't turn out half bad.
    Crowza, these are the best pics I've seen with a T600. I know you said you took quite a few to get these good one's, but still they are very sharp. What's the trick? You had to have done something that the rest of us are not doing.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Thanks for the compliment. I've had a Treo 600 since the Sprint launch day, and I've taken a LOT of pictures. As for tips, here goes:

1. Get the best lighting possible (Bright sunny days are the best, but flourscent lighting works well, however, anything that is dark is not going to turn out at all)

2. Get the timing down (I've gone through three Treo 600s, and in order to get the best possible pic, you need to time when you snap the picture just right. Early models, it was when the camera first came on, later models it is about 10 seconds after you turn the camera on)

3. Take lots of pictures. Over the course of time I've owned my Treo, I've taken exactly 2,521 pictures. About 80% of these pictures are crap.

4. Usually, I take about 4 or 5 pics of a certain subject. Then, after I transfer them to my computer, I determine which looks the best and then upload it to my blog. It resizes the picture (which adds quality) to half the original 640x480 size.

5. Hold the camera VERY VERY VERY still. If you move just a bit, it will blur. Keep the camera held VERY still even after you click the button to snap the photo. Wait until it's back to the camera mode before you move it. Taking multiple pics helps this quite a bit.

6. Don't trust what you see on the screen. It could look better or worse than that once it's transfered to your pc. Take a few more pics, just in case.

Hope that helps!
    Crowza, just took a few test shots and you're right about taking multiple pics. I took 4 shots of the same thing and I was surprised to see the difference between them.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    In the old days of photography, in low, existing light photos we used to squeeze the camera tight up to our faces as we focused and hold our breath, etc to hold the picture still. With the camera phone we hold it our at the end of our extended arm. This by its very nature is not steady and is going to give blurry results. So brace your arm on something, close to your hand and be as still as possible. That will give best results, but don't expect great with this camera.