Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone who uses the beta of the java for treo600 tried to see if mobitv works with it? If not someone be the first..
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    The problem is that you need to sign up in order to download the software... none of us want to take the change that it'll work and be out the $$.

How about you be the pioneer? I double dog dare you!
    I tried signing up and faking my phone as something else but I never recieved the sms.

I have a 10$/mo credit that I pretty much am positive will be used for mobiTV, so I seriously don't mind signing up. . . but sprint doesn't offer the download AT ALL. If someone has the java file, I'll gladly convert it and put it on my treo and sign for service and see what happens. . . but I can't do anything without the program. Which neither mobi nor sprint are willing to give me at the moment.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

If someone can tell me how to download java applets from the Sprint phone, I would be more than happy to download any applications. I, of course, have the Treo 600. But, I do work for Sprint, and we have all of the phones hooked up in our store. I can dl the programs for free, and then upload them to my computer. Convert them to prc files, and test all of them. I just do not know of any software that can read the file system of the Sprint Phones, and allow me access to the actual java .jar and .jad files. If anyone knows how to do this, please tell me, or send me the information, or even a link to do this. Trust me, I would be more than happy to do this.
    <bump> C'mon people, lets get crackin' on this!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    happytreoowner:

this is what you need to do:

goto mobitv.com and choose a phone model that you have in the store and enter the phone number of the phone. You will receive a text message (SMS) on that phone that will include a URL the jad file. Write that URL down. Open the java prc converter and enter that URL into the JAD text box and it will download the JAR file from there and convert it into a PRC.

Good luck!

digidep
    I think that java is too slow on the pda, from the programs I tried it seams to be much slower than regular palm programs
    Originally posted by foe
    I think that java is too slow on the pda, from the programs I tried it seams to be much slower than regular palm programs
    See this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...336&perpage=20

A java based browser is the fastest browser available on the Treo.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Originally posted by mathewlu

See this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...336&perpage=20

A java based browser is the fastest browser available on the Treo.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    One has nothing to do with the other. Reqveiwer's speed is based on it's proxy not the J2ME. It would only seem logical that java based apps run slower than native palm apps imo...

Foe, what kind of framerates are you getting?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    BUMP.

Anyone hear of any progress on this yet? Java's out of beta I think, reqwireless has a release of their browser, I think it's MobiTV time.
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    Anyone hear anything on this yet?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.

mk3cn4,

Sorry to take this off topic, but I was a big infone fan too ... until I got my Treo. With DA 3.0 on the Treo, what value does infone add?

I am also trying to figure the value of PalmVNC, but that will be another thread ...
    I also would like to have MobiTV on the Treo!

I admit up front that I know just enough about technology and the inner-workings of my Treo600 to get myself in trouble occasionally, but it seems to me that with the install of the IBM-Java program ($5.99 which I purchased) and with it working on WebViewer and with some Java apps, that MobiTV should be a reality by now.

I know the March board crash slowed down the posts on this thread but I am glad the interest has picked up again.

gfunkmagic is always in the loop.... what have you heard?

I have my $10 per month ready.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    WTF?!? Let's get this cooking... I need my 2 FPS TV....
    Hmmmm..... in Texas, state law prohibits television receivers and DVD players being visible to the driver.... guess I better re-read the law and see how it applies to TV on Treo's or telephones!!

(I still have my $10 ready)
    Now with Java and MANY Treo600's out there, maybe we should all go to the MobiTV website and complete the form there saying we want to be notified when it is ready for the Treo600.

(I filled out the form today when I saw that the Treo600 was still NOT listed in their Sprint PCS supported phone list)

We've got to get their attention and let them know how many interested Treo600 users there are out here now!

MobiTV
    Last edited by ChiefBragg; 05/21/2004 at 04:00 PM.
    Here is the reply I received this morning from Sprint PCS Customer Service requesting a target date of MobiTV access for the T600.

It appears to be a standard cut & paste reply because it may be in MobiTV's lap anyway to release the app for the T600.

I plan to contact someone at MobiTV by phone and not E-mail.

====

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the MobiTV.

Currently, MobiTV only supports the following handsets:

- Vision-enabled PCS Phone by Sanyo 7200;
    - Vision-enabled PCS Phone by Sanyo 5400;
    - Vision-enabled PCS Phone by Samsung A620;
    - Vision-enabled PCS Phone by Sanyo 8100; and
    - Vision-enabled PCS Phone by Sanyo 5500.

However, as and when MobiTV would be compatible with the Vision-enabled PCS Phone by Treo 600, it will be notified through a high promotional campaign. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.
    I put my request into MobiTV this morning. Keep the pressure on!!
    Awesome.

ChiefBragg I am in Texas also and that is the last of my worries. If we enforced that all those 12" tv SCREENS in suburbans would be illegal around here....I got my $10.00 ready as well.......
    Mr Blonde:

I agree.... least of my personal worries (MobiTv on a Treo600 in my pocket or velcro'ed to the dash) and WAY DOWN at the bottom of my "enforcement list"!!

Stopped by the Sprint store today and asked my "rep" there to get me the name and address of the Sprint "Prez" so I can draft a letter, as well as saw a demo of MobiTV on one of there smaller/cheaper non-Palm phones.

It was pretty cool.... we need it on the Treo!

Sent two more Emails today... one to Sprint, one to MobiTV.

New Question: I know there are other "Internet TV" feeds out there... is there any way other than MobiTV to view those on the T600 through ANY of the browsers (Blazer, ReqWireless, WebPro, etc. etc.) or is our $600 state of the art, cutting edge device incapable of such a feat?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast