1.    #1  
    I did a search and didn't find a mention of this one yet, so maybe I'm the first. Anyway, my Treo 600 (Cingular), barely a week old, just had the screen begin to fail, right in front of my eyes. I didn't drop it a single time in the week that I had it. Treated it like a baby, I did. But as I was loading some app or another (nothing fancy, probably just HandyShopper), the screen started flickering with vertical stripes messing up the rest of the image. A repeating pattern of orange, blue, and purple stripes intermixed with the white background and other on-screen images came into place, and has not gone away. I've disabled all apps that do things (HiLauncher, etc.), and even did a backup and hard reset to no avail. Nice.
    So, I called Handspring warranty service and talked to a guy. He had me do the battery reset, also to no avail, and is now sending me an advance replacement.
    So now I'm waiting for my replacement, and trying not to use the thing at all for fear that the screen will completely die and force me to use my old phone instead. I'm not a happy camper, but at least I'm getting a replacement in advance.

On that note, what's the concensus on extended warranties/insurance? I don't want to pay a fortune if I don't have to, but I think I'll want something to take me beyond the 90 day warranty. Should I go with T-Mobile (my carrier), palmOne, or a 3rd party?
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Anytime i had a problem with my T3 (while it was still under the one year warranty), Sprint replaced it immediately. All i had to do is take it to a sprint store and i had a new one two days later for free. Now that's what sprint does. I don't know about cingular though.