1. JPM
    Here's the scenario:

I have Sprint PCS Service and Comcast email.

I was once a happy Snapper Mail user, able to send and receive with no problem.

Then...all of a sudden about 1 week ago I can no longer send email. It times out trying to authorize to the SMTP server.

I've removed any 3rd party software that I thought would cause a conflict.

I've reinstalled Snapper Mail and most recently the new Palm BETA mail client.

But nothing...I can RECEIVE mail but can't SEND.

Any clue as to what could be problem?

Help please,
    JPM
    What exactly goes wrong? Can you send a mail to yourself?
    what is your smtp server?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Had the same problem after I installed the 1.10 Update. I could receive, but could no longer send anymore. So I called up Sprint (which is the smtp server I use) and reported the problem. They said my Vision Mail password for some reason resetted. So they put my password back and now it's working fine.
  5. JPM
    I am using Comcast the SMTP is SMTP.COMCAST.NET

I cannot send to anyone...myself or others included. I can receive email however. There is defined error message. It's just that the mail client times out trying to login to the SMTP server.

My next step is to do a hard reset and reinstall each app starting with mail first.

Perhaps the 1.1 updates caused this.

Any other thoughts?
    -jpm
    JPM,

I had the same problem with a t-mobile version. I found that under mail, edit account settings I had to manually enter my user name and password for the outgpoing (SMTP) server rather than automatically using the user name and password for my incoming (POP3) mail server even though the user name and password are the same.
  7. JPM
    Been there. Done that.

This appears to be a Comcast issue because I am able to send/ receive from my SprintPCS mail account.

I'm 99.9% certain it is not a user config problem because I've done this many times already with different accounts.

Thanks,
    JPM
    JPM,

I had the same problem with a t-mobile version. I found that under mail, edit account settings I had to manually enter my user name and password for the outgpoing (SMTP) server rather than automatically using the user name and password for my incoming (POP3) mail server even though the user name and password are the same.
    Sorry it didn't work. I use comcast as well, and it is now working fine.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    had the same problem...changed my smtp to smtp.sprintpcs.com...kept the same username and password try it...hope it works
    Also had the same problem. I had to change the smtp server to smtp.sprintpcs.com. For some reason Comcast is no longer letting us relay our e-mails even with authentication. Keep your POP setting to mail.comcast.net. You will need to enter your pcs e-mail username and password under the advanced tab "For outgoing mail server:"

All your doing is relaying your outgoing messages through sprint. Your e-mails will still show .......@comcast.net as the sender.

jp