Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1.    #1  
    new version 1.2 is now posted on www.toysoft.ca

    whatz new?

    1. added group ringtones to contacts. (we are still refining and will be even better in the next release)

    2. adde new mail alarm notification for Snappermail v1.84 and 1.92

    3. hopefully the multiple voice mail bug is fixed.

    if you are upgrading to 1.2 you must do this after you install!!!

    1. launch lwav and re-enable in the prefs
    2. tap on the menu and open Contact Ringtone
    3. tap OK button
  2. #2  
    Hi Smiley,

    I was wondering about two things:

    (1) Whether Lightwav can allow me to set a specific MP3 ringtone for numbers that show up as either "Blocked ID" or "Unknown Caller ID"...in both cases, the phone number of the caller is not displayed.

    (2) Whether I can select midis for certain callers, mp3 for others, and wav files for the rest. As I understand the program, I can either "always use PTunes," in which case I can only use MP3's, or I can use Lightwav if I want to only assign wavs, but I cannot use a combination of the three.

    Thanks for your time,
    Chris
  3. #3  
    LightWav does not support MIDI file ringers... However I have found out a work around for this. Follow the steps below:

    1) Download the Silent.ZIP file and un-Zip it. Then place the Silent.mp3 in your ringer directory on your memory card.
    2) Install an app called TCRinger. (It supports individual MIDI ringers & Catagory ringers)
    3) To use a MIDI ringer, set LightWav to Silent for the individual/catagory, then set TCRinger to the MIDI file you want. If you want an MP3 file as a ringer then set TCRinger to Silent for the Individual/Catagory, and then set an MP3 for the ringer.

    As simple as that!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by TreyC
    Hi Smiley,

    I was wondering about two things:

    (1) Whether Lightwav can allow me to set a specific MP3 ringtone for numbers that show up as either "Blocked ID" or "Unknown Caller ID"...in both cases, the phone number of the caller is not displayed.

    (2) Whether I can select midis for certain callers, mp3 for others, and wav files for the rest. As I understand the program, I can either "always use PTunes," in which case I can only use MP3's, or I can use Lightwav if I want to only assign wavs, but I cannot use a combination of the three.

    Thanks for your time,
    Chris
    currently you can't assign any sound for particular call. it shouldn't be much work. well add it in the next release.

    PTunes can play both mp3 and wave files fine. just not compresssed or waves in ram.
  5. #5  
    I can't seem to get LWav to work with SnapperMail alerts. Am I doing something wrong? I enabled the sound I wanted for SnapperMail in the applications column under alarms. What more do I need to do?

    Thanks in advance for your help. If I can get this working then I will probably buy the application. Right now I have the trial version 1.2 #2004.039.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by smiley88
    new version 1.2 is now posted on www.toysoft.ca

    whatz new?

    1. added group ringtones to contacts. (we are still refining and will be even better in the next release)

    2. adde new mail alarm notification for Snappermail v1.84 and 1.92

    3. hopefully the multiple voice mail bug is fixed.

    if you are upgrading to 1.2 you must do this after you install!!!

    1. launch lwav and re-enable in the prefs
    2. tap on the menu and open Contact Ringtone
    3. tap OK button
    how do you make this work with snapper mail?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by theguyyo
    I can't seem to get LWav to work with SnapperMail alerts. Am I doing something wrong? I enabled the sound I wanted for SnapperMail in the applications column under alarms. What more do I need to do?

    Thanks in advance for your help. If I can get this working then I will probably buy the application. Right now I have the trial version 1.2 #2004.039.
    make sure you have snappermail 1.8 and higher. we have tested with version 1.84 and 1.92.

    also, you need to goto "Manual Delivery Prefs" and check to notify you of new msg. set the alarm to "Silent"

    let me know if that works cuz it does for us.
  8. #8  
    It doesn't work as instructed. any other suggestions on how to make this work with snappermail?
  9. #9  
    Whoops... see below msg.
    -- time is never wasted when you're wasted at the time
  10. #10  
    Unfortunately SnapperMail isn't working for me either but it also appears that none of the sounds assigned to Alerts are working either. I've just done a soft reset to test again but so far, no sounds that I assign to Alerts sound when the event occurs. Voicemail alerts and Ringtones appear to work just fine though.

    Rob
    -- time is never wasted when you're wasted at the time
  11. #11  
    I have the same problem with snappermail Prem. 1.9.2.01 and the new lightwave. I can not get it to work for the alerts. I followed all the instructions.

    I also tried doing a reset after setting it and tried adding a sound in snappermail. Twice when it first went to retrieve the email I got about 2 sec of my mp3, but it was 2 different random times and only when I had a sound enabled.

    (I have tried about 30 differnt times to get this to work.)

    -David
  12. #12  
    snappermail does not work for me either
  13. #13  
    Thanks to very quick last min. support from toysoft, snappermail support now works!

    -David
  14.    #14  
    due the last minute change the snappermail alarm doesn't work.
    please email support@toysoft.ca to get the lastest or wait for an update.
  15. #15  
    Another example of excellent support !
  16. #16  
    Purchased LW. It looks great, but I am having a strange problem. It seemed to work just fine, the I had a soft reset, and now the alarm will only play MP3 when the Sound setting is set to a midi file (not when set to silent) and then they both play. So it is either both or nothing (just vibrate-so I know the alarm is going off)! Also , the phone ring tone is also playing both, athough the setting on the preference screen for the phone app is also set to silent.

    I am sure I am missing somehting, any help would be appreciated.
  17. #17  
    As often happens, as soon as I posted the last message, I determined what was happening as far as the phone app. I was calling from my house phone, and I had a midi attached to that entry in my favorites. When I set it to silent, the mp3 played alone.

    And for some reason, I don't know why, the calendar also works as it should (midi on silent, LW playing the mp3). I did not change anything that I am aware of regarding the calendar app on my TREO 600, but it just started to work as it should.
  18. #18  
    Anybody successfully using Lwav with Verichat?

    If so, instructions please?

    Thanks

    K
  19. #19  
    I now have the corrected Snappermail lwav version and it is working perfectly!!..

    This is just too cool. Its the little things in life that excite me

    Think I a nerd?

    Anybody have the answer to my Verichat question? I would like to have lwav announce chat requests when I am in standby mode, but I don't seem to have much luck.

    Suggestions???

    K
  20. #20  
    HEY GUYS!!! I feel like I am talking to myself, here.

    Third post in a row with no response.

    I am experiencing a strange reaction with Snappermail Autofetch.

    I've installed this new (snappermail fix) version and have noticed that, since installation, Snappermail is NOT going into my pre-set hourly autofetch. Last hour I made a point to watch for the autofetch to begin, and at precisely 3:10 (the time autofetch was scheduled to start) the Treo reset itself and then powered back up.

    Not sure, but I suspect that all of my "missing" autofetch sessions are meeting the same demise.

    Anybody else notice this?

    O, by the way, manual fetch works flawlessly by playing the assigned wav once retrieval is finished.

    Kimberly
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions