Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by smiley88

HI, ringtones and alarms are separate. you can use any sound file for alarms in any application and don't have to use the same one as the ringtone.

If you dont want the datebook alarm to be used in the ringtones then put the alarm sound in a different folder on the card. You then goto lightwav prefs and change the search path to "Entire card" so that your datebook sound file can be found. after lwav refreshes the list then goto the Alarm tab and set your datebook alarm. then test it.
    But if the ringtone is set to Random Sound and is scanning the entire card, won't it pick up and try to play the datebook.wav file at some point? I just tried it and it was the first one it picked up
  2.    #42  
    Originally posted by scottymomo

But if the ringtone is set to Random Sound and is scanning the entire card, won't it pick up and try to play the datebook.wav file at some point? I just tried it and it was the first one it picked up
    yeah. sorry i suppose it does. we'll add a separate path for you in the next release to let you specify random sounds.

yeah. sorry i suppose it does. we'll add a separate path for you in the next release to let you specify random sounds.
    Excellent! I assume this means that when you select Random Sound, you could select the sounds from the list that you want to include.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Edit: Actually, I just found a workaround...I had the scan set to the entire card and had the specific wav file set for the datebook alarm (which is in a different folder than the rest of the ringtone files). When I changed the directory scan back to the specific directory which does not include the wav file, the wav file still shows up as the selected sound file on the Alarms tab and is playable ...probably more of a bug than a feature I guess
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/20/2004 at 04:06 PM.
    What would be nice is if when we choose "Random" we then are asked for a directory. That way we can have 1 random dir for ringers, and another for SMS, and yet another for voice mail!

OK ok ok, I'm probably asking for alot... But I can wish!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Does it mean that it works with the built-in sound preferences now?

HI folks! version 1.2.1 was sent out just now. It fixes some bugs that was introduced in the 1.2. Also individual/group contacts has been reworked and works alot better now. Individual ringtones now overrides group ringtones

New demo is also posted on our website www.toysoft.ca
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    snappermail finally works with lwav but it doesn't play the whole wav. it gets cut short. i downloaded to ram & sd with same problem. the sound plays in entirety on the desktop. Any ideas to fix this?
    Originally posted by treoneo
    snappermail finally works with lwav but it doesn't play the whole wav. it gets cut short. i downloaded to ram & sd with same problem. the sound plays in entirety on the desktop. Any ideas to fix this?
    Same prob with a few wav's here...use PocketTunes and it plays completely.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Anyone notice that their ringer volume jumps around? I can't get mine to stay all the way up... it ends up down 2 bars eventually. Any suggestions?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Ok it now plays in entirety but now within lightwav app, but the alert is not heard at all when it's triggered through smappermail
    Ok it now plays in entirety but now within lightwav app, but the alert is not heard at all when it's triggered through smappermail
    Did you set Snappermail alert to Silent?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Ity works finally now. I created a work around. I added some dead air to the end wav I want so that it will play in it's entirety on my Treo. it is not set to always use pockettunes now. So just use "goldwave" to edit any wav file to add some dead air at the end (3-4 seconds) so it will play in entirety on Treo (at least until there is a fix). Couple questions though:

How do I control volume of my email alert now?

Can I set different volumes depending on which profile I'm in? I don't want "You've got mail" blasted while I'm sleeping, but would like it blasted while I'm on the noisy streets of City of Angels...
    I just found out that the volume of email alert is set through profiles. So you CAN have different volumes for different profiles. This app is great. If you try to set the volume while in lightwav, it will just stay the same. If you don't have "profiles" installed, you should be able to change the volume unders sounds/mail. Good luck Leela...
    Has anyone gotton lightwav to work with the mail program from handspring?
    Last edited by cwbaker; 02/22/2004 at 08:52 AM.
  14.    #54  
    Ity works finally now. I created a work around. I added some dead air to the end wav I want so that it will play in it's entirety on my Treo. it is not set to always use pockettunes now. So just use "goldwave" to edit any wav file to add some dead air at the end (3-4 seconds) so it will play in entirety on Treo (at least until there is a fix). Couple questions though:

How do I control volume of my email alert now?

Can I set different volumes depending on which profile I'm in? I don't want "You've got mail" blasted while I'm sleeping, but would like it blasted while I'm on the noisy streets of City of Angels...
    For Ringtone volume it is taking from the Sound Phone Prefs

For Alarms volume it is taking from the Calendar Sound Prefs.

when you press the up/down key on the side that controls the ringer volume. If you leave it a low then when you get a call lwav will use this value because it is set to the Phone volume.
    Originally posted by cwbaker
    Has anyone gotton lightwav to work with the mail program from handspring?
    I got it to work by setting the "Repeat" Alarm in Lwav to the sound that I wanted to go off when I receive emails. Unfortunately it will also sound when any other alert comes up that uses the "Repeat Alarm" settings in PalmOS.

Rob
    -- time is never wasted when you're wasted at the time
    well I too have problems now with the volume jumping around. My email tone volume is set to low but sometimes lightwav will play my alert at full blast...
    What is the exact functunality of the MP3 support in the Lighwave Demo? I have downloaded mp3's through the Blazer Browser and put them in my Internal Memory but Lightwave does not play them. However they do show up in the "Sounds" List. Do I have to convert them on the PC and then hotsync them?
    Mr. Blonde, in the demo version MP3s are limited to 1MG, make sure yours are not exceeding the limit. Also, Treos will only play UNCOMPRESSED MP3s.

Hope this helps.

K
    All of mine are under 1MG and here is the site where I got them from

http://www.angelfire.com/rings/p9resource/

So I assume they should be all uncompressed. Do I have to convert them first before putting them on the Treo?
    Sorry, I missed one important note. Lwav only plays WAVs from RAM. Any MP3s that you wish to use must be converted to wav. If you want to use MP3s you will have to use them from an SD card with the Pockettunes application.

You can use the software found on goldwave.com to convert your MP3s to wavs, and you will be in business.

K
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast