Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by nchargreed
    HEY GUYS!!! I feel like I am talking to myself, here.

Third post in a row with no response.

I am experiencing a strange reaction with Snappermail Autofetch.

I've installed this new (snappermail fix) version and have noticed that, since installation, Snappermail is NOT going into my pre-set hourly autofetch. Last hour I made a point to watch for the autofetch to begin, and at precisely 3:10 (the time autofetch was scheduled to start) the Treo reset itself and then powered back up.

Not sure, but I suspect that all of my "missing" autofetch sessions are meeting the same demise.

Anybody else notice this?

O, by the way, manual fetch works flawlessly by playing the assigned wav once retrieval is finished.

Kimberly
    Just so that you don't feel lonesome, I have not had that happen to my SnapperMail/LightWav combo here yet. I checked SnapperMail's connection logs, and they all look normal since I installed the new LightWav update a couple of hours ago.

--Dave
    Originally posted by dshuman

Just so that you don't feel lonesome, I have not had that happen to my SnapperMail/LightWav combo here yet. I checked SnapperMail's connection logs, and they all look normal since I installed the new LightWav update a couple of hours ago.

--Dave
    Thanks for the feedback. Mine did the same thing this past autofetch session. I think I will try reinstalling the app.

Kimberly
    I am still getting the Datebk5 alarm whenever my phone turns on with this new version of LightWav.
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by lb505
    I am still getting the Datebk5 alarm whenever my phone turns on with this new version of LightWav.
    Laurie, send me an email to support@toysoft.ca and i will send you the latest that fixes the datebk5 problem.
    I have been using the new snappermail/Lwave combo all day and my autofetch sessions work fine as does the mp3 playing when I get an email.

Of course now I get 3 sec of mp3 when it goes to start the autofetch, but sure thats being worked on as well

-David
    Okay, yesterday you were reading my whiney posts reporting unstable Snappermail autofetch and the inability to use Lwav with Verichat.

Well....after emailing the support team at Toysoft, I was sent a version of Lwav that, so far, is working flawlessly!

My alerts are sounding with Verichat and my autofetch no longer initiates an immediate reset.

**An important note is that I am operating all of these wavs straight from RAM. I doubt I'll ever use Pockettunes.**

FOR THOSE OF YOU RIDING THE FENCE AWAITING A BUG-FREE APPLICATION....ITS HERE!!....or at least very very close.

Thanks, Toysoft.

Kimberly
  7.    #27  
    HI folks! version 1.2.1 was sent out just now. It fixes some bugs that was introduced in the 1.2. Also individual/group contacts has been reworked and works alot better now. Individual ringtones now overrides group ringtones

New demo is also posted on our website www.toysoft.ca
    Okay, yesterday you were reading my whiney posts reporting unstable Snappermail autofetch and the inability to use Lwav with Verichat.

Well....after emailing the support team at Toysoft, I was sent a version of Lwav that, so far, is working flawlessly!

My alerts are sounding with Verichat and my autofetch no longer initiates an immediate reset.

**An important note is that I am operating all of these wavs straight from RAM. I doubt I'll ever use Pockettunes.**

FOR THOSE OF YOU RIDING THE FENCE AWAITING A BUG-FREE APPLICATION....ITS HERE!!....or at least very very close.

Thanks, Toysoft.

Kimberly
    How do you use the wavs once you convert them to RAM on the handheld?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Originally posted by zone97

I don't convert on the handheld. I convert MP3s into wavs and then into pdb files and sync them onto the phone.

No additional manipulation is necessary, once they are loaded.

K
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I've been lurking this thread for a while now, and think I've finally gotten my courage up to give Lwav a try. I have a general question, though -

Can you also assign MIDI ringtones to people/categories? I know how cool wav/mp3's can be, but there are still some things and some callers that I'd want to use MIDI's for (and I'll need more than the 50 favorites buttons and their individual midi rintones...)

If it's not in the current version, is there a chance it'll be in a future version?

Thanks!

Rotello
  11.    #31  
    Originally posted by zone97

here is the procedure

1. take any wave on your desktop and load it into a Windows conversion app. we recommend www.goldwave.com

2. save the wave as PCM 8/16bit signed 11khz

3. run our WavConverter app on Windows to convert the wave to palmOS db

4. hotsync the wav pdb file

5. launch Lwav and uncheck "Use PocketTunes" if you have it checked in the Prefs

6. now tap on the sound file and test and use it for alarms or ringtones.

that simple!
    Smiley will there be an update so the volume for sms could be adjusted with the volume rocker instead of the pocket-tunes volume.
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by rotello
    I've been lurking this thread for a while now, and think I've finally gotten my courage up to give Lwav a try. I have a general question, though -

Can you also assign MIDI ringtones to people/categories? I know how cool wav/mp3's can be, but there are still some things and some callers that I'd want to use MIDI's for (and I'll need more than the 50 favorites buttons and their individual midi rintones...)

If it's not in the current version, is there a chance it'll be in a future version?

Thanks!

Rotello
    HI, maybe midi support in the future.
    Lwave doesn't use the same db as the favorite db. it uses the contacts db. you can assign sound file to any contact or group. there is no 50 restrictions. whoever is in your contact you can assign any sound file.
    Originally posted by dshuman

--Dave
    Have Lightwav V 1.2 and Snappermail V 1.9.1.04, and even though it is setup properly it doesn't work on my 600.
    Originally posted by dlbrummels

Have Lightwav V 1.2 and Snappermail V 1.9.1.04, and even though it is setup properly it doesn't work on my 600.
    As posted above, a newer version is being sent out that should correct the problems you were experiencing with Snappermail. Mine works perfectly, now.

K
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Hi Smiley...

Thanks for the reply. I understand the difference between the favorites DB and the contacts DB. What I was trying to say (none too clearly!) is that, for example, I currently have people in my contacts DB (who are not in my favorites DB) that I'd like to be able to assign MIDI ringtones to. My favorites are already filled up, so if Lwave had MIDI support, I'd be able to assign MIDI's to some of these indiviudals / groups, that's all.

I guess what I'm really hoping for, at some point, is one-stop-shopping, so to speak, for ringtone selection. I don't like having to assign some ringtones (MIDI's) in one app and other ringtones (MP3/WAVs) in another. Too complicated for my fragile little mind! Although as I sit here writing this, I'm thinking there must be a utility to convert MIDI to WAV.... Though goldwave doesn't seem to be it, judging from their website... Time for more searching...

So along those lines, does anyone know how to get ALL of the MIDI tones out of the 600 and onto the PC so they could (theorietically) be converted to wav? I'm talking about all of them - the ones that come standard in ROM, and those I've installed myself. Anyone???

Thanks again, everyone...

Rotello

As posted above, a newer version is being sent out that should correct the problems you were experiencing with Snappermail. Mine works perfectly, now.

K
    Thanks, they sent it out a few ago...
    Originally posted by rotello

Thanks!

Rotello
    LightWav does not support MIDI file ringers... However I have found out a work around for this. Follow the steps below:

1) Download the Silent.ZIP file and un-Zip it. Then place the Silent.mp3 in your ringer directory on your memory card.
    2) Install an app called TCRinger. (It supports individual MIDI ringers & Catagory ringers)
    3) To use a MIDI ringer, set TCRinger to Silent for the individual/catagory, then set TCRinger to the MIDI file you want. If you want an MP3 file as a ringer then set TCRinger to Silent for the Individual/Catagory, and then set an MP3 for the ringer.

As simple as that!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Hi there,

have been playing around with Lightwav and really like it. Here is my question:

I want to have a random mp3 selected and played when my phone rings, but want a specific file (the datebook.wav file for example) to be used for the Datebook alarm and the datebook alarm only

If all the files are in the same folder (or subfolder) on my SD card, then the datebook wav file is going to be used at some point when the phone rings since the Ringtone option is set to random.

Anyway around this today? Moving the wav file to a different folder structure prevents Lightwav from "seeing" it.

Thanks!
  20.    #40  
    Originally posted by scottymomo
    Hi there,

have been playing around with Lightwav and really like it. Here is my question:

I want to have a random mp3 selected and played when my phone rings, but want a specific file (the datebook.wav file for example) to be used for the Datebook alarm and the datebook alarm only

If all the files are in the same folder (or subfolder) on my SD card, then the datebook wav file is going to be used at some point when the phone rings since the Ringtone option is set to random.

Anyway around this today? Moving the wav file to a different folder structure prevents Lightwav from "seeing" it.

Thanks!
    HI, ringtones and alarms are separate. you can use any sound file for alarms in any application and don't have to use the same one as the ringtone.

If you dont want the datebook alarm to be used in the ringtones then put the alarm sound in a different folder on the card. You then goto lightwav prefs and change the search path to "Entire card" so that your datebook sound file can be found. after lwav refreshes the list then goto the Alarm tab and set your datebook alarm. then test it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast