View Poll Results: Which hardware revision has your treo 600?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

7 6.86%
  • B

43 42.16%
  • C

52 50.98%
  • other/unknown

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You can find the hardware revision under the phone application, options, phone info.

I wonder which hardware revisions are available. So far I have seen 6 treo 600''s, all B except one. The A treo has a very bad screen output for the camera, compared to the B's.

I will try to post a poll in this threat, but I don't know how it works, so don't be angry when it doesn't work.

You can find the hardware revision under the phone application, options, phone info.

Which hardware revision do you have:

A A
    B B
    C C
    D other or don't know

regarding to the postings below it seems like version C is only available with Sprint??!!
    Last edited by peter017; 02/20/2004 at 03:52 PM.
  2.    #2  
    May i ask the C owners in which country they bought the treo 600? Please reply by a post here. If you have more info like stores or something, please add it in the reply too.

Any non-sprint phones with C?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by peter017; 02/19/2004 at 09:49 AM.
    USA. Ordered from Handspring upgrade promo (Sprint PCS) 10/17/03. Received 10/20/03. Consider myself very lucky.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    USA Sprint Treo 600 rev C
    Purchased in January from CompUSA
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I am on my third Treo 600. The first came from Handspring for the Sprint network, rev. A. That one suffered the speaker-ear death death. My second one came from the Sprint Store. It was rev. B. It died from the same symptoms *10* days later! My third one also came from the Sprint Store, it has lasted for nearly 40 days. The rubber plugs on the antenna-end of the handset fell out though. Sigh....
    Rev C here.

Purchased from Amazon for Sprint late November.
    Ordered from AT&T customer service on 1/28/04 received at home 1/29/04.
  8.    #8  
    Interesting.......thanks for all your postings.

Are there any non-sprint phones with C?
    My first Treo is a version C. The replacement is a version B.

I'm USA too.

Clarify: My first unit was not defective, just not waterproof.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/18/2004 at 06:16 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    C, sprint, bought in boise idaho.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

On my second Sprint T600...

First one (Rev B): Purchased/received on 10/13 from TreoCentral.
    Second one (Rev C): Got a replacement mid-Jan through Sprint.
    Rev B

Purchased at BestBuy in late Dec. , for use on the Sprint network.
    Sprint, rev C, purchase Best Buy late November.

As far as differences in screen, camera, etc: Base on the postings in these forums since laste November, I think this reflects sample to sample variation more than it does a hardware change.

I remember people saying their Rev C was better in some respect than their prior / someone else's Rev B, followed by a reply from someone else who thought Rev B had a better screen / camera / whatever than Rev C.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by peter017
    May i ask the C owners in which country they bought the treo 600? Please reply by a post here. If you have more info like stores or something, please add it in the reply too.

Any non-sprint phones with C?

Many thanks.
    Originally rev B from HS in October. Suffered battery/network search problems in January.

4 days ago got a refurb replacement from Sprint that is C. Very very tight sound off switch, slight yellow to edge of screen (usuallly not noticeable) and perhaps higher 5-way center button. Less blue pixel attack with camera, I think.
    I have CDMA - Sprint - Revisison B.

So what do I win?
    Purchased in Salem, Oregon at the sprint store in late october.
    This is my Treo. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Treo is my best freind. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Treo without me is useless. Without my Treo, I am useless......
  17.    #17  
    So, already in october Sprint was aware of certain malfunctions and months after that they were still selling A's en B's to their (new) customers.........nice work
  18.    #18  
    Is there REALLY nobody with a non-sprint C?
    Version "B"

Mine came through T-mobile Corporate in early Feb
    I had a HandSpring Version A the first part of October, then the whole ear piece died on me. I took it to the Sprint store in Dec and they replaced it with a new Version C. Thanks, Jeremy

PS-Has worked fine ever since, fingers crossed of course.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast