Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Check it out. Apple finally updated iSync.

    Please go to the iSync page and read all instructions carefully. iSync requires palm desktop to be installed etc.

    I know iSync isnt perfect but it should give mac users another option for syncing purposes.

    iSync home page:
    http://www.apple.com/isync/

    Compatability list:
    http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html

    Download here or from software update:
    http://www.apple.com/isync/download/

    Please respond with your experiences.

    Matt
  2. #2  
    iSync has worked all along with the Treo 600 even though it wasn't specifically listed. Any compliant Palm device would work. I've been using it with the Treo 600 and iSync since November.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #3  
    using since 10/03
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4. #4  
    I've been using iSync with my T600 since I got it in December (and my T300 before that). I am presently using the newest iSync with no problems.

    Also of note for mac users, a new release of Pilot Install for Mac OS X is now available (the old one expired).

    Regards,
    --Mathew
  5. #5  
    Using it since 10/3 as well. No problems.
  6. #6  
    What is Palm Install?

    What does it do?

    Where do you find it?
  7.    #7  
    Go to the download page and look at the right hand side. There is a bar of info. One of the blocks says "Palm Users: Get iSync Palm Conduit v1.2"

    Click on the link to download the conduit and follow the instructions in the iSync help menu. Simply type "palm" in Help and you will get complete instructions on how to make everything work.

    http://www.apple.com/isync/download/


    Please do us a favor and back up your data first.

    Hope this helps for those who have NOT been using iSync

    matt
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    I've been using iSync with my T600 since I got it in December (and my T300 before that). I am presently using the newest iSync with no problems.

    Also of note for mac users, a new release of Pilot Install for Mac OS X is now available (the old one expired).

    Regards,
    --Mathew
    can't seem to find it? link pls
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  9. #9  
    I'm not sure who you are responding to. The question about Pilot Install is not this.

    Originally posted by MatthewHaak
    Go to the download page and look at the right hand side. There is a bar of info. One of the blocks says "Palm Users: Get iSync Palm Conduit v1.2"

    Click on the link to download the conduit and follow the instructions in the iSync help menu. Simply type "palm" in Help and you will get complete instructions on how to make everything work.

    http://www.apple.com/isync/download/


    Please do us a favor and back up your data first.

    Hope this helps for those who have NOT been using iSync

    matt
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10. #10  
    I have been successfully using iSync to sync my iPod, T600, IMac and PowerBook. This has been since 12/03. Also use Hotsync to sync my T600 on a Wintel. That way I have all my calendars and contacts from Outlook available across different platforms and devices.

    No problems it works flawlessly.
    The Toad
  11. #11  
    Any of you all having trouble with iCal and timezones? Any appointment I create on the desktop gets synced to the Treo 6 hours off (which is clearly a time zone issue, since I'm in CST/GMT-6).

    I've enabled time zone support in iSync and iCal, with no change in behavior. Both the PowerBook and the Treo have the correct zone configured.
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by piotrek
    What is Palm Install?

    What does it do?

    Where do you find it?
    Pilot Install is a little Mac OS X program that allows you to install PRCs to your palm without the Palm Hotsync Manager. It's much quicker and just does the install without syncing any of the conduits. I find it very convenient if you're installing software quite often.

    http://pdassi.download.de/product.php?prod_id=9378

    The site's in German, just click on "Jetzt Downloaded" (What would Goethe think!); the app is in English.


    Regards,
    --Mathew
  13. #13  
    Humm, I've never had this problem. It really sounds like iSync and the Palm are set to different timezones. You should open iSync. click on the Palm icon, then check the date/time preference setting on the Treo and make sure they really truly are set to the same.

    Originally posted by phobia
    Any of you all having trouble with iCal and timezones? Any appointment I create on the desktop gets synced to the Treo 6 hours off (which is clearly a time zone issue, since I'm in CST/GMT-6).

    I've enabled time zone support in iSync and iCal, with no change in behavior. Both the PowerBook and the Treo have the correct zone configured.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #14  
    Thanks for confirming that it works for you. I decided to experiment further and found that disabling "Network Time" resolves my problem.

    Originally posted by bcaslis
    Humm, I've never had this problem. It really sounds like iSync and the Palm are set to different timezones. You should open iSync. click on the Palm icon, then check the date/time preference setting on the Treo and make sure they really truly are set to the same.

  15. #15  
    Originally posted by MatthewHaak
    Check it out. Apple finally updated iSync.

    Please go to the iSync page and read all instructions carefully. iSync requires palm desktop to be installed etc.

    I know iSync isnt perfect but it should give mac users another option for syncing purposes.

    iSync home page:
    http://www.apple.com/isync/

    Compatability list:
    http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html

    Download here or from software update:
    http://www.apple.com/isync/download/

    Please respond with your experiences.

    Matt
    I don't understand what the advantage would be to me to use iSync but am wondering if I'm missing something here.

    I keep only music on my iPod not appointments or contacts, because I prefer to keep the latter on my Treo 600.

    So I have not gotten iSync. Should I? What would it do for me if anything?

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  16. #16  
    iSync is a system-wide address and calendaring synchronization system with Mac OS X. The advantage is you can get multiple devices (Mac, iPod, Treo) to synch with each other and to "backup" to a .Mac account if you have it. It's like Palm Desktop expect your addresses are automatically available to your Mac mail application.

    Personally I love it, but if you are happy with the Palm Desktop app and you don't see a need to synch with anything other than the Treo, it won't really add much for you. To find out more go to http://www.apple.com/isync/ .

    QUOTE]Originally posted by NateS


    I don't understand what the advantage would be to me to use iSync but am wondering if I'm missing something here.

    I keep only music on my iPod not appointments or contacts, because I prefer to keep the latter on my Treo 600.

    So I have not gotten iSync. Should I? What would it do for me if anything?

    NateS
    [/QUOTE]
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680

Posting Permissions