1.    #1  
    Afther installing RAM DISK and creating a virtual SD Card on my Treo I tried to upload mp3's to it which sometimes works but often does not. I have no clear reason for it the size is ok.

I upload the mp3's by opening them with the Palminstaller program which adds them to be uploaded on the "unkown" Card which as I said sometimes work but often does not. I will buy a real SD card anyway now so it is not mission critical but it would interest me if there was someone else having that Problem.

Robert
    I created a ram disk and loaded a few mp3 files to use as ringtones for lightwav.

I had already copied the mp3s onto my SD card using a USB card reader.

After I put the card in my Treo 600 I used a file manager (zlauncher), which recognizes both the SD card and Ram disk to move the mp3s from one location to the other.

That worked for me. I know its not the same issue you are having. I tried to load mp3s with the palm installer and it took FOREVER.....
  3. lam
    The reason why the palm installer does not consistently work on the ram drive is because the drive does not have a fixed volume.

Roberttreo,

How did you manage to make lightwave work on palm ram drive ? the lightwave only manage to read my sd card but not my ram drive. i tried removing my sd card but light wave still can't manage to read it. is there a trick of doing it ? I always thought that lightwave does not support multiple drive. Thanks
    I don't know how I got it to work. I set up my Ram disk. I set it to 2mb. I moved my music files over and when I went into Lightwav it automatically searched for music and saw all of the files on my SD card and my Ram disk.

I selected the music file I wanted as my ringer and set it and it worked fine.

After one reset my Ram disk was not being recognized by my Treo 600 so I had to go into the ram disk menu in Preferences and remount it. Once I did that Lightwav saw it again.
  5.    #5  
    So that may be the reason why it works forme at the moment I will be able to say more about it after I installed the physical card and try to access the virtual one again. I'll let you know.

Robert
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I think the trick with Lightwav was that it read from the first non-palm card it found-- either name your RAM disk to start with a name that comes before the name of your SD card, or you can copy files to it, pop the SD card, then run lightwav-- once it finds them on the RAM disk, it seems to keep going back to it.