1.    #1  
    Does anyone here know the difference in the performance of SD vs. High Speed SD cards? I've got a new Treo 600 on the way and, like many of you here, am in the market for a sweet little SD card for it.

First of all, are the High Speed SD cards compatible with the Treo 600? And if so, is the performance improved enough to justify almost twice the price of a normal SD card?

MacMall SD Card prices

Thanks!

RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    1. The write speed of the Treo SD bus is Sooooo slow that I can't imagine a high speed card would be worth the added expense in that regard.

2. A standard card works fine for playing MP3s, so the added expense of a high speed card wouldn't buy you anything there, either.

3. Somewhere around these forums somone posted a couple of benchmarks they did with a few different SD cards. My recollection is that they got only a very, very small difference in performance with a high speed card. If you try some searches, you might be able to find the thread.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Just my two cents,

I also looked into buying a high speed card because I play a lot of movies and mp3's, however, I ended up going with a standard Sandisk 512mb card. I figured I'd try it and if it didn't work well, then I'd suck up the additional expense for the high speed card.

Needless to say, I have not needed to upgrade. It works fine and I have never had a single problem with the card.
  4.    #4  
    Cool! Thanks for the tips guys!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    Does anyone here know the difference in the performance of SD vs. High Speed SD cards? I've got a new Treo 600 on the way and, like many of you here, am in the market for a sweet little SD card for it.

First of all, are the High Speed SD cards compatible with the Treo 600? And if so, is the performance improved enough to justify almost twice the price of a normal SD card?

MacMall SD Card prices

Thanks!

Read this excellent review for more info!

Shopping For Memory Cards

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    1. The write speed of the Treo SD bus is Sooooo slow that I can't imagine a high speed card would be worth the added expense in that regard.

2. A standard card works fine for playing MP3s, so the added expense of a high speed card wouldn't buy you anything there, either.

3. Somewhere around these forums somone posted a couple of benchmarks they did with a few different SD cards. My recollection is that they got only a very, very small difference in performance with a high speed card. If you try some searches, you might be able to find the thread.

HTH,
    Hi,
    I hate to say this, but are you a complete moron or just cheap. Why not just go out or order online an sd writer. You can buy the jumprive for less than 20 bucks. It works with usb 1 or 2.0. To the poster, just buy any card. I have a sandisk with the jumpdrive treo and to download 20 songs, it takes no time at all. Same thing with data. Reading through your 600 is the same.

Your Welcome
    Jimmy
    There is another point of view on this issue at:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=memory

Evidently the faster cards can make a big difference in some applications.