1.    #1  
    ... it would ring like half way then just stops, its driving me crazy. If someone calls me, they claim they hear me perfect, but they break up like crazy. this has been happening to me for about two days straight, i even did a hard reset and removed the sim. When calls do get out, more more more breakups. I know it's not tmobile, I have so many friends with tmobile.

Would you guys recommend a firmware upgrade? how exactly would I do this?

ps every thing like, email, text, browsing seems to work fine.
  2.    #2  
    Ok, Now after messing with the phone some more I found something crazy. When I dial Out and choose "SpeakerPhone" it works PERFECT.

When I switch off speaker phone I hear nothing or it just breaks up!!!

If I dial, and dont switch to speaker phone, it will break up unbearably or not even hear no ring tone altho I do see an active connection, with the counter.

This is sooooo crazy.,
    Originally posted by godfather
    Ok, Now after messing with the phone some more I found something crazy. When I dial Out and choose "SpeakerPhone" it works PERFECT.

When I switch off speaker phone I hear nothing or it just breaks up!!!

If I dial, and dont switch to speaker phone, it will break up unbearably or not even hear no ring tone altho I do see an active connection, with the counter.

This is sooooo crazy.,
    Sounds like a problem with the smaller speaker (the one above the screen), since the larger speaker (on the back of the phone) works fine. Can you hear everything with a headset? If so, you may have a bad speaker (probably just a loose connection) and should take your Treo in for a replacement.
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by geakware

Sounds like a problem with the smaller speaker (the one above the screen), since the larger speaker (on the back of the phone) works fine. Can you hear everything with a headset? If so, you may have a bad speaker (probably just a loose connection) and should take your Treo in for a replacement.
    damn I tried a headset and it worked like a charm and speakerphone works excellent. I can't believe this sh*t I had this phone for only 3 weeks. the one p
  5.    #5  
    this will be my second time sending this crap for replacement. is it possible to send it in for replacement for a second time. this is really starting to annoy me
    Don't waste your time trying to fix it. Call Handspring immediately and get it replaced. Your warranty covers it and you don't have to pay for shipping at all. It is also a known issue.

Am waiting for my replacement which I understand will not be available for another 2 weeks. That tells me that I might get the latest upgrades in firmware. I have an unlocked Cingular on Tmo service.

For now I'm using my phone headset to keep the Treo phone usable. All the other apps are intact, including Ptunes and Kinoma Player
    Ed