1.    #1  
    I probably don't have enough info' to post but what the heck.
    Occasionally my Treo600 will just be sitting there, minding it's
    own business and it does a soft reset. Typical scenaro:

Treo turns itself off after 20 seconds of non use (ok, normal)...
    10 or more minutes pass by (still off) and I notice it
    do a reset.
    Wireless mode ends up off... ( not surprising)
    Silver screen needs to be turned on (not surprising) and...
    (perhaps this problem is related to LightWav app?)
    I must do another, manual softreset to get LightWav to play
    tunes to be used as a ringer/alarm..

This behavior is intermittent on not easily reproducable.

Anyone else experiencing somthing similar.

Thanks..
    Try dialing ##ERR (CDMA) or #*ERR (GSM) to see the error that caused the reset. It might help you figure out which app is causing the problem.
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by geakware
    Try dialing ##ERR (CDMA) or #*ERR (GSM) to see the error that caused the reset. It might help you figure out which app is causing the problem.
    I am having a similiar issue. I find my phone- out of no where -turn off and then back on. It started happening after I put phone guard (which I think is a great program) on it. I tried the ##err but nothing happens. Any advice. Also there is another thread where 2 other people complain about the same thing and Phone Guard is the common denominater there as well. Any advice. thanks.
    Originally posted by aacnyc
    I am having a similiar issue. I find my phone- out of no where -turn off and then back on. It started happening after I put phone guard (which I think is a great program) on it. I tried the ##err but nothing happens. Any advice. Also there is another thread where 2 other people complain about the same thing and Phone Guard is the common denominater there as well. Any advice. thanks.
    What version of PhoneGuard do you have installed?
    It's what I thought was the updated version when I registered it. It's version 1.0

Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Never had/used phoneguard so that can't have anything to do with my situation.. Thanks though!
    It's what I thought was the updated version when I registered it. It's version 1.0

Thanks.
    I'm not aware of any issues with the current release of PhoneGuard that would cause the problem you're describing. Have you tried removing PhoneGuard and other applications to narrow down the cause?
    Geekware,

No but I will try that next. I was hoping there may be an ongoing issue that had a fix. Thanks anyway. I 'll let you know what happens after I remove it. Thanks again.
    This recently started with my Treo270. Its peculiar, since I haven't installed anything new lately. I'm on TMobile, in the Albany area of NY. Could it be a carrier issue?
    I was one person that was having a problem with my phone resetting when an incoming phone call comes in. I don't know if PhoneGuard is causing this but it was the only common application that me and someone else with a similiar problem was having.
    Originally posted by Katahdin
    I was one person that was having a problem with my phone resetting when an incoming phone call comes in. I don't know if PhoneGuard is causing this but it was the only common application that me and someone else with a similiar problem was having.
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, try dialing ##ERR or #*ERR to see what is causing the reset. Do this right after the reset by using the dialpad in the Phone application. If PhoneGuard is the problem, I'll work with you to get it fixed.

Geoff
    .....they seem the same syntoms that suffer my treo before the update sw and fw i did on december
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My Treo resets randomly as well. I am reasonably sure this is a Palm OS thing. Old Palms would slow down and eventually crash when their memory stacks got filled up and/or incompatible apps clashed with the os and each other. The 600 seems to alleviate the crashes by reseting when it thinks a reset is needed! It's crazy, I know, but the reset does seem to improve performance when it happens.
    My phone just reset and it said that DataMGR.c Line 6341 Invalid uniqueID passed.

I thought Phoneguard was causing this so I unsinstalled Phoneguard and it did not reset anymore. Is this program part of Phoneguard?
    I just got another reset so I don't think it is Phoneguard. Same problem. Does anyone know what uses this file?
    Originally posted by Katahdin
    I just got another reset so I don't think it is Phoneguard. Same problem. Does anyone know what uses this file?
    Unfortunately, the DataMgr.c information doesn't help narrow the suspects. That file is used by nearly every application. Your best bet is to continue to remove applications until the problem stops.
    I searched the postings thinking my problem was an old one, but looking at the posting dates this is recent.

I get,
    "<unkonwn application>": DataMgr.c; Line9529, Index Out of Range."

So I hate it, but I'm going to remove all non-Treo 600 ceritifed apps one by one.

I thought it was LightWav the demo version, removed it. Removed other non-T600 apps.

I guess I might start being anal and only installing T600 ceritifed apps (ones that claim they work and use 5-way nav button and so forth)

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    BTW - I know the LightWav is only for T600s, but it's a demo so I removed it. Plus is was the latest app I installed.

Also I updated to 2.09 a month ago, though I doubt that's the cause.

Cause a hard reset and my phone works flawlessly I hate trial and error.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>