1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the Treo 600 will work on Cingular's new EDGE data network when it is rolled-out? Thanks.
    Originally posted by cynuser
    Does anyone know if the Treo 600 will work on Cingular's new EDGE data network when it is rolled-out? Thanks.
    No it will not. The GSM/GPRS radio in the Treo600 does not and cannot support Edge...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Not on the current hardware/software. I would say this will be a future spec but not on current 600. Most EDGE handsets mention the capability in the original specs. There are very few on the market.
  4.    #4  
    That is too bad because I am in my trial period with Cingular and the data network is slow (at least compared to my current phone, which is on Verizon) - but I only use that phone as a wireless modem for my laptop so maybe loading web pages on a PDA is slower anyway. Not that happy with the Cingular product so far.
    cynuser,

Regarding network speed, you might want to check out the Reqwireless Webviewer browser. There is an extensive thread in the Communications forum about it. It is significantly faster than the Blazer browser and makes viewing graphics intensive webpages bearable.
    Now you guys have me really confused. I'm being charged for Edge service, $15 for 5mb per month. Am I getting over charged, or paying for something that I'm not actually using???? I just got the Treo 600 Feb 13th, so no bill to review yet.
    bump.. Trying to get my question answered.

Thanks!
  8. ewm
    You are paying for Cingular GPRS data access - not EDGE. I do not believe that Cingular has deployed EDGE in more than a few markets...