1.    #1  
    Sprint - SF Bay Area - Sending SMS to AT&T subscriber.

When trying to send an SMS I get "The network is not responding now. The message will automatically be resent later." After a few auto retries I get "The network is not responding now." I was able to send a test to myself (it did retry once).

Last week I was able to send SMS to AT&T. Anyone else having a similar problem?
    Yup, having the same problem in Florida (Orlando area at the moment). All of a sudden I get a "network not responding error" on all outgoing sms's... However I do still seem to be able to get incoming sms fine....

I even called CS (*2) tech support, but they of course had no clue what the problem could be...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/17/2004 at 08:03 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Same here in DC. Has worked fine all weekend, incomings still work, but now "the network is not responding now message will be automatically resent later..."
  4.    #4  
    Glad to hear it's not just me...
    Same here in Jacksonville, FL
    Same here in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. This is very very frustrating.
    Just appears to have begun working again. Very odd.
    Doh! Stupid Sprint!

SMS not working in Philly. Outbound not working. Inbound not working.

Thought it was because I didn't upgrade the refurbed phone. Glad it's not that cause I'm still not gonna upgrade!
    I got the same thing today in L.A. CA I haven't tried again to see if it is working yet
    What's weird is if you send an sms to yourself, you receive it with no problems....well, at least I did and I have tried it a 3 or 4 times.

FYI, I am in Orange County, CA
    Same problem here in Indianapolis
    Just tried 2 minutes ago in Los Angeles (Hollywood). No dice. Been down for about 4 hours.
    I have heard SMS is working in NYC. When I sent a message in the past I would get an error. But now I don't get a error, but the message does not go through.
    I've been back up and running since about 9pm Pacific Time last night.

SMS is back .... here.
    SMS send yielded "Network not responding" here in the Bay Area peninsula from around 3pm to 9pm yesterday. Shortmail worked though. Everything ok currently.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!