1.    #1  
    what programs are out there that will let me fax. seems like it would be pretty simple so I am sure there are plenty out there, any suggestions?
    Your best options would be to use a web based fax service like J2 Fax or something. However some people in the following thread reported that they were having succes with Instep Fax. Read the linked thread for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I just do not understand why I gotta go thru someone else. if I understand this right a "message" is sent over the phone line that the fax machine interperts and translates into text, I don't know why that would be such a hard program to make (I say this knowing I am an ***** when it comes to "tech" stuff). but I just don't know why the treo can not dial a # and send the "message" that a fax machine will understand.
    Originally posted by hetyey225
    I just do not understand why I gotta go thru someone else. if I understand this right a "message" is sent over the phone line that the fax machine interperts and translates into text, I don't know why that would be such a hard program to make (I say this knowing I am an ***** when it comes to "tech" stuff). but I just don't know why the treo can not dial a # and send the "message" that a fax machine will understand.
    Simply put, the radio in the Treo600 does not support Fax Class 2 according to official documentation. It's apparently hardware deficiency. However, some people claim to have success with instep fax as a stated above. Click on the link in my previous post to read more about this and various web-based solutions like J2...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions